When was the last time you purchased a physical CD?

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
When was the last time you purchased a physical CD instead of buying music digitally?

PhireSide

Honorary Master
I bought my dad a Pink Floyd box set in 2013 that consisted of a DVD with footage on and a CD with a few tracks.

That's the last time I recall. CD's seem to have gone the way of the dodo in the tech industry what with almost everything being available online these days

Nick333

Honorary Master
It was a Jack Parrow album (for the sake of supporting local) about 4 years ago.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Around 2011 at a discount store. The only pet peeve of streaming is regional restrictions with albums missing or even one song on an album being not available. Ridiculous.

redarrow

Expert Member
Well the youngest looking CD in my massive collection of 7 CD's is the soundtrack for "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest", which according to a search of my emails I bought from Takealot (Take2 back then) on 2007-04-26.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Can't even remember when, just remember they were too expensive for the value provided.

AlfredB

Probably a month ago. Still have a perfectly working Technics component Hi Fi with a Phillips multi CD cd player.
Enjoy the process of selecting my music and putting it in the CD player.
Although I copy tracks I like onto a memory card for listening through headphones, have also not upgraded the car sound system, so still pop in the odd CD when not listening to the radio.

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
Last time I needed to pirate
*ahem*
Backup stuff

I jest