Votes: 61 19.0%
  • Never - not interested

Votes: 85 26.5%
  • Other

Votes: 17 5.3%

• Total voters

$m@Rt@$$

Expert Member
By the time I'm eligible I'll make up my mind about the vaccine. Which will be a long time from now.

Grant

Honorary Master
Even if 100% of the population had their vaccines , the mask wearing , social distancing will not go way

99% of people haven’t figured the game out yet. Whatever you offer, the house wants more. And, if you play, the house will always win
I have not figured out the game yet.
Please explain in simple language I may be able to understand

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
Turning 42 next month, so not eligible for the current phase.
And in no hurry to get it either, simply because even with the vaccine I'm still going to be keeping people at an arm's length. Things won't change for at least a couple of years, with or without the vaccine for me.

Bismuth

Expert Member
The definition of a vaccine, according to the CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/imz-basics.htm):

Definition of Terms Vaccine: A product that stimulates a person's immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease, protecting the person from that disease.

So, if you have taken the covid vaccine, you are immune, and won't get it again. Also, if you interact with infected people, you will also not get the disease.

Case in point, smallpox, once inoculated you will not get smallpox again, not even from people infected with smallpox.

If, however, it turns out that you are NOT immune, can still get the disease, and can still spread it, then what you are taking is not a vaccine. Maybe some sort of disease-specific immune booster, but certainly not a vaccine, then.

axsis

If I have to travel internationally, yes absolutely.

If you're weak, meek or a fatty, I'd say you need to get pumped full of vaccine ASAP.
Everyone seems happy forcing people to do things.

Why don't we force people to have healthier lives i.e. reduce sugar, simple carbs, processed food, ban seed oils etc.? Way more effective than the current vaccines.

FNfal

Executive Member
The definition of a vaccine, according to the CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/imz-basics.htm):

Definition of Terms Vaccine: A product that stimulates a person's immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease, protecting the person from that disease.

So, if you have taken the covid vaccine, you are immune, and won't get it again. Also, if you interact with infected people, you will also not get the disease.

Case in point, smallpox, once inoculated you will not get smallpox again, not even from people infected with smallpox.

If, however, it turns out that you are NOT immune, can still get the disease, and can still spread it, then what you are taking is not a vaccine. Maybe some sort of disease-specific immune booster, but certainly not a vaccine, then.
This was my understanding .
Seriously confused with the covid ( vaccines ) it is like people are clutching at straws .
There is not enough long term data /studies to come to a definitive conclusion one way or the another .
The IFR is still not known , just to many unknowns in this COVID .

Last edited:

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
What vaccine?
The rate of vaccinations is very slow, I mean, I heard in one article that Rwanda or some other African country, were faster in getting its people vaccinated/ rate of vaccinations very higher than our current rate of vaccinations, no?
Rwanda at 2.7% vaxxed, SA at 0.5%...

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
What happened in Sweden clearly shows that without lockdowns the pandemic causes far more damage.
Stront.

But by midsummer, cumulative mortalities divided by the size of the population were considerably lower in Sweden than in several populous European nations. By the middle of November, cumulative death rates were twice as high in Belgium, 45 percent higher in Spain, 25 percent higher in the United States, United Kingdom, and Italy (the country with extensive restrictive lockdowns) and 12 percent higher in France. On the other hand, the mortality rate in Finland and Norway was only about 10 percent that of Sweden, and Denmark’s rate was about 80 percent lower.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Question, how would you know if the vaccine has worked for you. Would you have to get injected then test positive for Covid or is there another way to confirm immunity?

Brian_G

Expert Member
Question, how would you know if the vaccine has worked for you. Would you have to get injected then test positive for Covid or is there another way to confirm immunity?
There's no immunity, just improved protection. Or so they say.

Prawnapple

Expert Member
The push will be to make this an electronic passport linked to a smart phone. Every single human will this need a smart phone and hand full access of their location and contacts at all times to the authorities.

It's coming.
Siener van Rensberg, is that you?

porchrat

Honorary Master
Who cannot be vaccinated?
Usually because their response to the vaccine is poor (low antibody titer so they've had the vaccine but are still not immune) or because they're allergic to components of the vaccine.

We're a diverse species with diverse reactions to medications. It's pretty much impossible for the vaccine to work on everyone.

This is part of why vaccine companies are usually immune to prosecution from vaccine reactions... because it's impractical to expect the company to be able to test the vaccine fully on the entire human race's diverse genetic pool.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master

Ragnarök

That is why they call it a jab overseas , it is not a vaccine