Votes: 60 19.3%
  • Never - not interested

Votes: 82 26.4%
  • Other

Votes: 17 5.5%

• Total voters

Cius

Executive Member
We agree to disagree on the odds vs taking the vaccine, or not. For me personally, the difference is not significant enough to convince me to take it.

To take the statistics approach, you say there is not information out to confidently state a difference. I agree. There is, however, stats to prove the effectivity of wearing seatbelts vs. not wearing them. So I a comparison of the two makes me want to roll my eyes, for me it's an apples and pears comparison. Pointless.

I do not believe that the lockdowns helped at all, rather made the situation worse due to the result economic damage and related results (suicides, etc.) It's been more than a year now, and there have been no reports of major infections from informal settlements as yet, which proves the case against the effectivity of lockdowns.
Thanks for taking the time to explain. I think we agree on more than I thought and I can honestly say my view was somewhat shifted by yours. On balance though I still trust the vaccine's more than you though. While numbers on them are not 100% they are more than clear enough for me to find it beneficial and worthwhile. On the lockdown side I am definitely more in your camp. I think lockdown should have not been legally enforced at anything like the level it has been or is but voluntary for most and focused on the vulnerable, not those under 40 for instance. I have heard of as many suicides as a direct result of lockdown in my circle of acquaintance, family and friends as I have heard of covid deaths.

Perhaps a system of preferential access to ICU for those trying to follow prevention guidance instead would have been fairer, and less damaging overall.

Maurice Kitching

I'm sorry for your loss.

Just a few things:

1.) The vaccine does not prevent you from getting COVID.
2.) My having taken the vaccine and getting infected does not prevent you from getting COVID, even if you also had the vaccine.
3.) Since both of the above are true, the only reason to be angry at people who don't take the vaccine is... that they themselves may die?
Yeah. I was going to respond to you @Cius, but then I read this. I'm not here to try score points off your loss. If you lost someone to Covid I'm truly sorry. Maybe the fact that I'm two whiskeys in helps. It is however clear from Fake Fauci, the WHO and the mask brigade that you still have to wear a mask, can still get Covid and can still be infectious when vaccinated. The only thing they've agreed on is that you will be less symptomatic. This means that fewer people will experience symptoms when getting sick. They won't have themselves tested, and they will therefore spread the virus at speeds unknown to "science" before this. If you're a believer, as you clearly are, you should be very alarmed by this. At the moment it's the healthy masses like us keeping most of you safe.

Regardless, you are clearly experiencing a lot of pain relating to this situation and I don't wish that on anyone. Strength to you and your family and I hope you find a solution for your daughter.

Maurice Kitching

I know a a few people that have had covid, only one required hospitalization and was on a ventilator for awhile. All have recovered, the friend who had to go to hospital, the oldest of the group, is over 60. He was on supplemental oxygen for awhile, but is off that now. While he is not 100% yet, he is on the road to full recovery.

So the survival rate, in my experience, is 100%. It maybe be worse for some, but same can be said for regular users of private or public transport. Some people know a number of people who have been killed in accidents, others none.

Do I want friends or family to die from covid, obviously not. But the same can be said for car accidents or any other natural or unnatural causes of death. No one wants that to happen to people they know, but it can. And I don't believe that taking the vaccine would change those odds, hence I will not be taking it. My 70+year old father, who would probably not survive a bout of covid, is not taking the vaccine either. Nor has he been living in fear this past year, and is still going strong.

So far, I have seen no reasons to take the vaccine. The decision or desire to take the vaccine is primarily based on personal experience and opinion. You take the vaccine, fine, good for you, don't take it, fine, I really do not care. I will not judge a person either way, and expect the same in return. In my circle of family and friends, there are three camps, those taking the vaccine, those not taking the vaccine, and those undecided. Either way, we still talk to each other.

Judging someone on whether they take this vaccine or not, is really the most entitled thing I can think of, more than drunk driving or not wearing a seatbelt.
Exactly fvcking this!

Paulsie

Expert Member
agreed, but what alternative is there?
you either take it and everything keeps going, or you dont and go and live in an Amish village where a lightbulb is considered the devils work.

it will be forced down our veins, wherever you want to or not, sure their will be a chewable version or it will be put into Coca Cola soon enough.
No, they will start adding this to our milk, just like calcium and vit D.

Paulsie

Expert Member
Like the 21 year old fit and healthy niece of my cousin how died 4 months ago?

Oh right, never mind, sorry for sharing first hand indisputable facts, perhaps you prefer facts from facebook.
What if I'm one of the few that has a bad reaction to the vaccine and I die? How would it make you feel knowing you were tge one who made me take it??

Last edited:

Paulsie

Expert Member

I think I will listen to the doctors who spent their whole life studying this stuff thanks.
I think you should rather not. The below article is from 2008, but valid nonetheless

wbot

Expert Member
I'm in no rush. Just like the anc. Will be years before I'm eligible

porchrat

Honorary Master
You come across as someone who wants other people to be vaccinated so that you, or your loved ones, are at a lower risk of catching covid.

Shouldn't it be the other way round?
There are people that cannot be vaccinated. We take vaccines not just to protect ourselves, but to protect those of us that cannot take vaccines.

InternetSwag

Expert Member
At first I was like **** yes, sign me up. But then I read about countries rejecting and banning the vaccine, or certain types of the vaccine. I'm not so sure anymore. I am 100% pro vaccine, but idk, something just feels off about this. When entire countries start halting the use of it - there must be a valid enough reason considering how deadly covid really is.

Grant

Honorary Master
Never ever ever.

Next thing I'll be expected to carry some form of identification to drive my car, travel over borders, open a bank account, buy a property or even get a mobile phone contract for a device that can track every step I take.

Messugga

Honorary Master
Interesting. I thought vaccines were supposed to be taken for health reasons.
Well, considering I'm low risk for anything serious, I'm not too worried about the virus. The inability to easily travel internationally while in the process of emigrating is a whole lot more inconvenient.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
I seriously doubt if more than 5% of MyBB members match the criteria for registration at present. I am currently 59 and will have to wait until at least October (either when I turn 60, or when phase 3 of the rollout is scheduled).

Same, tho March and not October, but yeah ...

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
^ Can be taken with a pinch of salt.

What is interesting is the global discrepancy between talk and and action.

While many have stated in polls that they will not take the vaccine the reality on the ground has been quite different. The demand has proven much higher and there is no accounting for these 20 to 40% refusal rates when it comes to actually queuing and receiving vaccines. It looks more realistically below 10% of any population that keep their word and refuse a vaccine at crunch time.

I bet there are a significant number of people who receive the vaccine and don't tell family or friends they did so :ROFL:

Those taking the polls, may not be from the same group, getting vaccinated, so inconclusive.

Ragnarök

Even if 100% of the population had their vaccines , the mask wearing , social distancing will not go way

99% of people haven’t figured the game out yet. Whatever you offer, the house wants more. And, if you play, the house will always win

Moto Guzzi

Expert Member
As soon as they come up with a test thats 100% reliable, that will prove to me they mastered an important stage of the pandemic which is important.

Paulsie

Expert Member
Well, considering I'm low risk for anything serious, I'm not too worried about the virus. The inability to easily travel internationally while in the process of emigrating is a whole lot more inconvenient.
Which is exactly my point. These things are being handed out like sweets. The fact is they are still medications and they should be handled, and prescribed as such.

Last edited:

Paulsie

Expert Member
Never ever ever.

Next thing I'll be expected to carry some form of identification to drive my car, travel over borders, open a bank account, buy a property or even get a mobile phone contract for a device that can track every step I take.
I don't take antibiotics either, not unless really sick and knowing it is bacterial, not viral and I am not likely to recover on my own (ie deep body tissue infection, tooth infection etc).
Why is that deemed acceptable without being called a loonie?

Edit: and even doctors are now more cautious in prescribing them and also use them only when necessary, thank goodness. But it has taken 30 years (hint: my post one up).

Last edited:

acidrain

Executive Member
When enough time has passed to establish a proper statistic on side affects and effectiveness.

Flu vaccine took 3 decades. This vaccine was not even 1 year.