When you are allowed to cancel your TV licence, and how to do it

wingnut771

Honorary Master
So, do I have this right?

Instead of paying R265 per year to have a license, you have to pay R300 a year for an inspector to NOT have a license?

_TrXtR_

Expert Member
Explained to me was that your also need to get rid of that car radio receiver.

Marsie27

I did the process in mid Dec 2013 for my now late mom when she got to the point of no longer watching TV and we removed the set from her room. I followed the steps on the website, got the affidavit certified, emailed it to tvlicinfo@sabc.co.za and it was sorted. Her next licence would have been due by the end of Jan 2014 and it was done by then. I had a similar experience when I could apply for a seniors licence last year. I used the same email address both times. Maybe I was just lucky twice.

Cartman13

You can also cancel if you emigrate...

I was utterly flabbergasted when I sent the the cancellation affidavit on a Sunday evening and by Monday @ 10 I had received confirmation of cancellation.

D
Is this for real?
I tried that almost 2 months ago, and have yet to get a response.

Anyone know of any other threads here on MyBB on how to cancel your tv licence? (Yes I know I should never have got one, but I did)

damian24

Is this for real?
I tried that almost 2 months ago, and have yet to get a response.

Anyone know of any other threads here on MyBB on how to cancel your tv licence? (Yes I know I should never have got one, but I did)
Rejoin Lunga

send completed affidavit and evidence to lungar@sabc.co.za

I supplied all the affidavits and proof that I 100% did not have a TV in my possession though.

Attachments

• TVLVIEW.zip
    50.9 KB · Views: 3