When you can expect to get your vaccine

system32

Expert Member
Which vaccines are they giving you up in Namibia out of interest? If it's the dodgy Chinese one...I'd avoid. :X3:
What makes you say the Chinese vaccine is dodgy? Is it your built in colonial racism or watching too much BBC propaganda?

AZ does not work against South African B.1.351

What makes you say the Chinese vaccine is dodgy? Is it your built in colonial racism or watching too much BBC propaganda?

Top Chinese official admits vaccines have low effectiveness (he was subsequently censored, obviously)

Low Efficacy of Chinese Shots Sows Concern on Global Rollout

“They don’t really trust it themselves,” said Therese Hesketh, an expert on China’s healthcare system at University College London. “They really did a rush job on the vaccine and the clinical trials have never been properly scrutinized. I’m aware from colleagues in China that there’s huge vaccine hesitancy anyway.”

Chinese vaccine developers have been repeatedly criticized for a lack of transparency and lag foreign peers in publishing full trial data in peer-reviewed medical journals. The weekend study out of Sinovac vaccine’s late-stage trial in Brazil came three months after its first efficacy readouts, while state-owned Sinopharm has yet to publish full data from phase 3 trials for its two inactivated Covid vaccines.

China’s Vaccine Diplomacy Has Mixed Results

Will China’s Vaccine Diplomacy Work?
Bolstered by its own success against the coronavirus, China—unlike the United States—has prioritized vaccine exports over domestic distribution. The comprehensive aid program intends to repair some of the damage done to Beijing’s reputation by the pandemic and to solidify its image as a generous donor and ally. China has exported over 115 million vaccine doses, nearly double the number of India and the European Union. There’s just one problem: The Chinese COVID-19 vaccines, Sinovac and Sinopharm, aren’t inspiring confidence.

Just how ineffective China’s vaccines are remains unclear, as no firm has yet published its late-stage test data. Earlier results for Sinovac in Brazil reported efficacy as low as 50.4 percent, while other tests show efficacy up to 80 percent. (China’s own science and medical sector also has recurrent problems with falsified or nonexistent data.) The World Health Organization has described the vaccines as reaching necessary standards, or above 50 percent; its advisory panel suggests that the data shows close to 70 percent efficacy.

These results are still far below the performance of some Western vaccines such as Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna, which have efficacy rates of more than 90 percent.

The poor reputation of the Chinese vaccines is already causing distribution problems, even in countries with close ties to Beijing. In Kyrgyzstan, some doctors are refusing Sinopharm doses, choosing to hold out for Russian vaccines instead. Only 39 percent of Hong Kongers say they will get the vaccine, likely due to China pushing its shots over Western alternatives. But many countries still facing a surge in coronavirus cases, such as Papua New Guinea, are eager for anything that can help stem the tide.

Most concerning is that some countries that use Chinese vaccines, including the United Arab Emirates and Chile, have relatively high vaccination rates, but new cases are still rising or stagnant. Death rates have fallen somewhat, however, suggesting the Chinese vaccines have some mitigating effect, even if they are not blocking transmission as well as the Western vaccines. (Chinese state media, meanwhile, has spread conspiracy theories about Western vaccines.)

If the Chinese vaccines remain at this level of efficacy, then China’s ultra-strict—and highly effective—lockdown measures are likely to remain in place for quite some time. That means occasional citywide lockdowns, such as the latest one in Ruili, near the border with Myanmar. Nationalism is likely to keep overriding logic in border control: Currently, only proof of vaccination with a Chinese shot allows people to evade barriers to entry and quarantines.

surface

Honorary Master

Do you know if Chinese vaccines are trialed in SA/Africa ? I read that they are found to be about 50% effective in Brazil. Well, I read it on BBC but maybe that is not a trustworthy source for you.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-55642648

p.s. Personally I don't care if vaccines are manufactured by Afghanistan/Pakistan/Syria/whatever. I believe that Russian & Chinese had shown reluctance earlier to share any trial data so I will be skeptical till it changes.

system32

Expert Member
Do you know if Chinese vaccines are trialed in SA/Africa ? I read that they are found to be about 50% effective in Brazil. Well, I read it on BBC but maybe that is not a trustworthy source for you.

p.s. Personally I don't care if vaccines are manufactured by Afghanistan/Pakistan/Syria/whatever. I believe that Russian & Chinese had shown reluctance earlier to share any trial data so I will be skeptical till it changes.
Some prominent EU countries and WHO (that have better health systems than ZA) think the China and Russian vaccines are good enuf for their population.

In terms of BBC propaganda, watch the following 9m57s video to the end - will open your mind.
BBC took an old video, added their own biased voice over, but were found out.
The first 2m30s are BBC voice over "evidence", the rest are the original.

Also Google Nayirah Testomony and WMD Iraq which were aired extensively on BBC.

surface

Honorary Master
Some prominent EU countries and WHO (that have better health systems than ZA) think the China and Russian vaccines are good enuf for their population.

In terms of BBC propaganda, watch the following 9m57s video to the end - will open your mind.
BBC took an old video, added their own biased voice over, but were found out.
The first 2m30s are BBC voice over "evidence", the rest are the original.

Also Google Nayirah Testomony and WMD Iraq which were aired extensively on BBC.
Thanks. IMO, BBC found out has nothing to do with efficacy of Chinese vaccination.

I would wait for below. All rest seems mix of propaganda & counter propaganda. It would be great if this vaccination is approved by EU - that would definitely help the world as EU has good standards so other countries are likely to trust more after EU approval.

lkswan747

Expert Member
200,000 doses per day! What a joke. By the time the government sets there butt into gear, Covid-20 has hit!

Ginad28

Would rather not have either if that is all that will be available in this country

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
So they are just going to SMS out of the blue and say, goto Pharmacy X on Tuesday at 10am for your vaccine. **** you if you have other plans or work or aren't nearby.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I actually thought this way, but a good mate, An American who resides here took this one and is quite satisfied...
So what makes him satisfied? He got the jab. Was it less painfull? No adverse reactions? How does he know that he is protected?
The point is we all HOPE that it works and short of deliberately exposing oneself to the virus how do you prove it has worker and is effective?
It is all about blind faith and hope. It is the very essence of what makes a good scam

Geoff.D

Honorary Master

Because the existing efficacy data says it is rather low on the scale, AND, with all the fake vaccines around from China, it might be nothing more that salt water.
Chinese junk is a valid perception borne out by years of fact.

Bismuth

Expert Member
Donating my jab, when available, to the less fortunate. Think they need it more than me.

/civic duty done.

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
So what makes him satisfied? He got the jab. Was it less painfull? No adverse reactions? How does he know that he is protected?
The point is we all HOPE that it works and short of deliberately exposing oneself to the virus how do you prove it has worker and is effective?
It is all about blind faith and hope. It is the very essence of what makes a good scam

Hahaha! I had the same thought, hence I will be taking the AZ in the next hour...... We already had one person in our wee town with clotting, so the odds of another are very very slim....

The American is well travelled and took the Sino jab which I see the WHO (I know, I know) has a 78% score, My American mate had no reaction to the jab, unlike all the folk that had headaches etc for 24 hours after the AZ jab, one oke is actually laying in ICU as he was asymptomatic when he took the AZ jab.

krycor

Honorary Master
likely july-aug? I reckon many people arent registering

LCBXX

Honorary Master
In other words: Expect your vaccine when Jesus comes back.

system32

Expert Member
Because the existing efficacy data says it is rather low on the scale, AND, with all the fake vaccines around from China, it might be nothing more that salt water.
Chinese junk is a valid perception borne out by years of fact.
What efficacy data?
WHO just approved some Chinese vaccines.
Chinese vaccines are approved & used in over 45 countries and jurisdictions for use in adults.

People evolve, systems evolve, remember when Japanese goods were junk?
Most of the MSM push:
  • Chinese govt: bad
  • Chinese company: bad
  • Chinese product: bad
  • Chinese apps: bad
  • Chinese vaccine: bad
  • Chinese influence: bad
  • Chinese students: bad
  • Chinese scientists: bad
  • Chinese athletes: bad
  • Chinese woman: bad
  • Chinese men: bad