When you can face criminal charges for tax mistakes

friedpiggy

Expert Member
The part I am going to enjoy is the lawsuits that follow. The govt has a duty of care towards all citizens including prisoners. You fail to update your phone number and get sentenced to a year in jail. While in there you are beaten, raped, etc. Come out and slap a nice big ole lawsuit on them and then go to court and ask the judge if you deserved that punishment for not updating a phone number. I don't see this ending well for the state.

lexis

I fail to understand why SARS would want to demonize law abiding citizens, while we all know that there are corrupt politicians out there getting away with murder.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Because putting tax paying individuals in jail, is going to get them to pay more taxes, interesting approach.

emptybruwer

I fail to understand why SARS would want to demonize law abiding citizens, while we all know that there are corrupt politicians out there getting away with murder.
What could happen is that they use these new laws to prosecute corrupt politicians . As they can now on their own prosecute..if Im not mistaken. Fingers crossed