Where can I find a gooseneck mount in SA?

ipodmusicman

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a gooseneck tube with a clamp on the one end and wall mount plate on the other. I plan to mount it on the wall and install a little camera into the clamp to point at my prepaid elec meter so that I can view the LCD display remotely.

I found a company based in the USA called Snakeclamp which has exactly what I need, but if I can rather source locally and avoid import duties, etc the better.

Anybody know of such a place where I can source this in SA?

WAslayer

Expert Member
Hi folks,

I'm looking for a gooseneck tube with a clamp on the one end and wall mount plate on the other. I plan to mount it on the wall and install a little camera into the clamp to point at my prepaid elec meter so that I can view the LCD display remotely.

I found a company based in the USA called Snakeclamp which has exactly what I need, but if I can rather source locally and avoid import duties, etc the better.

Anybody know of such a place where I can source this in SA?
What type of camera will you be using..? If it's one that has a standard screw fitting at the bottom, check this:

You should be able to mount that plate to a wall quite easily..

ipodmusicman

Thanks for the suggestion.

The camera is an ESP32 CAM housed in a 3D printed enclosure, so no camera mount or anything like that hence why I need a clamp on the one end to clamp the housing in - or a flat plate that I can stick it to with good double-sided tape.

The problem with this device is that in order to position the camera over the LCD display, I'd need the flexibility of a gooseneck tube.

WAslayer

Expert Member
I think your best option here may be, something like this:

And use something like this mounted to the wall, to clamp it on to, or otherwise permanently attach: