Where can I get a lot of fallen leaves in Cape town

rains24

Looking for an area to collect an abundance of dry leaves. Anyone know a location for this?

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
A few weeks early for fallen leaves, wait a month! Most areas I know are private property, or municipal parks where rules are applied.

What exactly do you want them for, and do they need them to be clean? The council solid waste teams collect tons from the streets. There are also compost recycling depots.

chrisc

Executive Member
You can visit the Council dump in Rosmead Avenue, Wynberg. They accept anything, but have specific areas for garden waste

I'd suggest its a bit early for leaves. I have a 10m x 3m compost heap and by June its full as there are 4 large trees in my place. Right now its about 20% full

rains24

A few weeks early for fallen leaves, wait a month! Most areas I know are private property, or municipal parks where rules are applied.

What exactly do you want them for, and do they need them to be clean? The council solid waste teams collect tons from the streets. There are also compost recycling depots.
Thanks for the reply Gordon... It's for composting... I've got a lot of grass clipping from mowing my large lawn and built a compost bin, but I need to balance it with browns now.

Smokey mcpot

Expert Member
If you’re in the southern suburbs then google so green gardens. Preston will probably be happy to assist at a small fee (probably delivery costs). You might also end up using him for your garden clean ups etc.

will pm his number

genetib97

Have you try this before... As a replacement for browns?
It works perfectly well, and as Ron says, corrugated cardbox as well, justt be sure to remove any tape and stickers.

Cardbox does take slightly longer to compost, but since you are composting grass clippings itll be fine. Remember to keep your pile aerobic by turning once a week, and keep it moist for results in 4 to 6 weeks