Where can I get a lot of fallen leaves in Cape town

rains24

Looking for an area to collect an abundance of dry leaves. Anyone know a location for this?

rains24

It works perfectly well, and as Ron says, corrugated cardbox as well, justt be sure to remove any tape and stickers.

Cardbox does take slightly longer to compost, but since you are composting grass clippings itll be fine. Remember to keep your pile aerobic by turning once a week, and keep it moist for results in 4 to 6 weeks
Thank you... i give it a try

krycor

Honorary Master
Lower and Upper Bowood road, Claremont. (Above and below M3 highway and their tributary roads, upper has gardners who will clean up.. also near embassies so lower tends to have more leaves on road).

This depends heavily on timing vs CoCT trimming the oak trees(they do it every few years if I recall.. some trees they cut down too).. The roads leading off and around there also have a lot.

Just be weary though, security will come ask you what’s going on if you venture too far down some of the roads. Kebble, Mandela use to be about there.. also Embassies still are predominantly there (you know it when that wall just goes on and on).

Not sure on the state of it these days, I don’t frequent that side anymore since living in own a decade ago. Parents still live there tho.

I doubt residents will complain though, especially the townhouses.. those oak leaves pile up significantly.

RonSwanson

Executive Member
Lower and Upper Bowood road, Claremont. (Above and below M3 highway and their tributary roads, upper has gardners who will clean up.. also near embassies so lower tends to have more leaves on road).

This depends heavily on timing vs CoCT trimming the oak trees(they do it every few years if I recall.. some trees they cut down too).. The roads leading off and around there also have a lot.

Just be weary though, security will come ask you what’s going on if you venture too far down some of the roads. Kebble, Mandela use to be about there.. also Embassies still are predominantly there (you know it when that wall just goes on and on).

Not sure on the state of it these days, I don’t frequent that side anymore since living in own a decade ago. Parents still live there tho.

I doubt residents will complain though, especially the townhouses.. those oak leaves pile up significantly.
Kebble and Mandela are dead long ago, are you suggesting that the OP place putrid decomposing corpses on his compost heap?