Where can one find a list of WISPs and WIFI providers?

Threepwood

Any threads on MyBB about this, that list good and bad ones perhaps?

Only Hellkom.co.za has a list that I know of.

BTW I'm interested in JHB areas.

rebel998

Expert Member
If you want to join a WISP think twice. But there are plenty threads that should give you an idea of what you're letting yourself in to.:D

Threepwood

Ja, I've seen that it's not exactly the greatest, I just want to find out if it might be a good solution for me...

Basically just doing some research at the moment.

footsteps

A new wireless network will be available in South Africa probably in May - just a few legal matters outstanding - it will provide uncapped 20MBit per sec Internet for around R500 pm. Also looking for people to install hubs themselves to service a 40km radius and become a WISP. Really fast working internet for SA at last

ld13

Honorary Master
A new wireless network will be available in South Africa probably in May - just a few legal matters outstanding - it will provide uncapped 20MBit per sec Internet for around R500 pm. Also looking for people to install hubs themselves to service a 40km radius and become a WISP. Really fast working internet for SA at last
Sounds interesting ... and too good to be true, like RAS, is totally OT and is bumping the thread. Oh well. What wireless technology will be used to cover this 40KM radius?