Where is Khalid Rashid?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Where is Khalid Rashid?

The lawyer of missing Pakistani national Khalid Rashid says he will now ask the Pretoria High Court to declare his arrest illegal.

The Home Affairs Department admitted yesterday, Rashid was flown from Waterkloof Air Force Base last year, but they have still not been given any proof that he landed in Pakistan.
Just heard some minister of the government on 702's news saying "we have nothing to hide", we why the hell do they try to hide everything and have to get ordered by the court to reveal anything?

tibby.dude

Executive Member
Many European countries supposedly in public against the US and their war on terror has secret aided them to transport or hold folks which the Americans have captured and interrogate and need to bypass the pesky rules of the Geneva convention on the treatment of enemy soldiers.

S.A is no difference in that regard ... global realities i.r.o the US.

ajak

Expert Member
He is being "grilled” some were, turned over and "grilled” some more (O the smell of a “braaivleis”:D :D

Xarog

Honorary Master
I don't find that particularly funny. :mad: America has been known to export suspected terrorists to places where torture is legal. In one particularly gruesome case, I saw the corpse of a man who'd been boiled to death - there was nice line to show how deep in the water he'd been; everything below that line had actually been boiled to such a degree that if it was meat from a cow it would be considered medium to well-done.

lucifir

Expert Member
this is preciously why ppl do not trust their governments anymore ..... a few rotten eggs r ruining the country .... we need some ppl that will do the right thing and tell america where to get off :) .... thabo is too timid for that.

Angelo

Expert Member
lucifir said:
this is preciously why ppl do not trust their governments anymore ..... a few rotten eggs r ruining the country .... we need some ppl that will do the right thing and tell america where to get off :) .... thabo is too timid for that.
Ahmedinejad is the man! ;)

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Sorry for the off-topic post but . .

tibby.dude said:
Many European countries supposedly in public against the US and their war on terror has secret aided them to transport or hold folks which the Americans have captured and interrogate and need to bypass the pesky rules of the Geneva convention on the treatment of enemy soldiers.

S.A is no difference in that regard ... global realities i.r.o the US.
In general, and not pertaining to this case are you suggesting terrorists should be accorded the same rights as soldiers as laid out by the Geneva Convention relative to the Treatment of Prisoners of War? :eek:

telkomsuig

Expert Member
If you are a illegal in the country you can't expect anything other than being deported.As long as the dude was flown to Pakistan and not somewhere else I don't see any problem with what happened to him.

The pakistanis flooding into south africa to get passports are giving south africans travelling on SA passport a even worse reputation....

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Xarog said:
If he doesn't, I will. There's absolutely no reason to deny people suspected of terrorism their human rights, to do otherwise is simply to be a hypocrite, in my opinion.
The Geneva convention pertains to treatment of soldiers and that is the aspect I am questioning - not if they should be denied their basic human rights.

I doubt the aforementioned terrorists recognise the Geneva Convention.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Thats depends on your definition of soldier...

Are only government armed forces included under that, or are freedom fighters/gaurillas under that too?

neio

Banned
bwana v.12 said:
The Geneva convention pertains to treatment of soldiers and that is the aspect I am questioning - not if they should be denied their basic human rights.

I doubt the aforementioned terrorists recognise the Geneva Convention.
Yeah, I dont see the Geneva convention allowing beheadings of people. :mad:

He was posted via the CIA speed courier service. :D

Milano

Honorary Master
The fuss over Khalid Rashid is a waste of state resources. Khalid Rashid was an illegal foreigner. Over 100 000 of them are deported every year and it is simply not viable to track their whereabouts once deported.