• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Samsung Pay Giveaway - Win a Samsung Connect & Control Speaker and other prizes. Enter Here.
  • Audi e-tron Giveaway - Win prizes worth R3,000 Enter Here.

Where to buy Note 9 512Gb

kolaval

Expert Member
Seen it but unless I can run a full blown desktop OS a.k.a windows it's a moot idea.
Not interested in a windows/linux debate, it boils down to what you can run and use in a corporate environment.

But go for it and give feedback after 3 and 6 months.

Thor

Honorary Master
Seen it but unless I can run a full blown desktop OS a.k.a windows it's a moot idea.
Not interested in a windows/linux debate, it boils down to what you can run and use in a corporate environment.

But go for it and give feedback after 3 and 6 months.
Used DeX on the S8 daily.

I run the full Office Suite and that is all I need plus chrome.

kolaval

Expert Member
No development?
I would need multiple IDE's, terminal clients and such.

Oh, and 100's of chrome tabs might just be an indication that you need a life.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Because in the phone space there are two brands, Apple and Samsung everything else is a compromise at best.
So... what's the compromise then? The OP6 holds its own against the Note 9 with camera and battery, but has a more modern front design, faster face unlock, faster fingerprint reader, thinner body and has none of the Samsung bloatware.

Also, it has a Snapdragon 845, 8GB memory and up to 256GB storage. For 40-50% less money. Sounds like an epic win to me.

Thor

Honorary Master
It goes well beyond the phone.
Samsung/Apple's edge is integration. https://www.samsung.com/us/connectedliving/
SmartThings.
Everything I own is Samsung, I want to buy the Samsung ArtPC PULSE and the Galaxy Home.

My idea was to wait for the S10, but I don't want a foldable phone. At least not a gen 1.

So... what's the compromise then? The OP6 holds its own against the Note 9 with camera and battery, but has a more modern front design, faster face unlock, faster fingerprint reader, thinner body and has none of the Samsung bloatware.

Also, it has a Snapdragon 845, 8GB memory and up to 256GB storage. For 40-50% less money. Sounds like an epic win to me.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
It goes well beyond the phone.
Samsung/Apple's edge is integration. https://www.samsung.com/us/connectedliving/
SmartThings.
Everything I own is Samsung, I want to buy the Samsung ArtPC PULSE and the Galaxy Home.

My idea was to wait for the S10, but I don't want a foldable phone. At least not a gen 1.
But SmartThings is in the Play Store, as is Samsung Home and whatnot. I could download it if I wanted to.

Thor

Honorary Master
You could, but I prefer to use the native devices and besides who know maybe samsung expands on this even more beyond generic android, if that ever happens then I am ready, because I will own a note.

The OnePlus is amazing, but I cannot buy it through a local operator so who am I going to punch when things go south?

But SmartThings is in the Play Store, as is Samsung Home and whatnot. I could download it if I wanted to.

3lOH55A

Expert Member

I had a OP6. While most of what you say I agree with, the coin has a flip side.

The modern front design is subjective.
The speaker on the OP6 is rubbish.
The fingerprint reader might be faster, but it's a hit and miss.
The screen is good on the OP6, but nowhere near the Note 9. Note 9 has much higher resolution, and yes, I can spot the difference even on text.
Battery life, perhaps on par.
Note has wireless charging
Note has the S pen
Note has dual speakers
Perhaps cameras are somewhat on par. front facing camera on the OP6 is rubbish. I know software can turn this around though. Also, the note has dual aperture, optical image stabilisation which the OP6 doesn't.
Note has Dex

Both phones pretty much do the same. I however find the note a much better fit for me as a power user. The note 9 is a serious power house.

Is the Note 9 worth double the price? This depends on the user. I recommend the OP6 over any other phone to most people. For me, the note 9 is a better fit. Your mileage might differ.

I always find it pointless watching reviews and listen to others preach how good a phone is. I pretty much buy every flagship and see what works best for me. Right now, it's the Note 9 :)