Where to buy phones

d.casper.b

I wanted to get a a Moto X Style from Orange. I was just waiting for them to get stock in of the black one.
Now, according to the response I got from the South African email address, they say they have not placed any new orders for the black. I asked if they'd be able to get one for me. But I guess since they haven't placed any orders, they are saying that they will not organise for me.

I really don't want to take a white one though.
Is there no other option to purchasing this phone? eBay is a major schlep. Can't get it shipped here most of the time and then... I'll be hit with tax and customs, plus, the post office won't deliver, so I'll have to pay more for a courier. Amazon - no love for SA.

I'm kind of assuming a dead-end, but maybe just maybe... Anyone?

Last edited:

yeldoom

I'm also thinking about getting the Moto X Style. Locally there's www.zeekonline.co.za ... it's got a bad rep around here so I would avoid them.

You could also use swappa.com and a package forwarding company (Aramex Global Shopper). I'm not sure if this will work because swappa sellers will only ship to Paypal verified addresses.

Buy from Motorola US/UK and you get access to Moto Maker. Ship with AGS.

d.casper.b

Thanks

I forgot about AGS.
Pity the phones are a bit more at Moto (well, they do have to assemble it especially for you so it's actually right) and Amazon (UK) still a bit more than Orange, plus must pay Aramex and it will still have to go through customs. I'd go this route, but with Orange having the phone it seems unnecessary. I think I will just deal with it and get the White - I'll just get a good cover from eBay.

ronz91

ah how I miss orange

lol sorry stumbled onto this thread looking into swappa

btw also have a Moto X Style