Where to buy Yubikey Neo in South Africa

Nefertiti

Honorary Master
I thought I'd just update this thread since its relevant and google search led me here.

Layer7 doesnt sell Yubikeys anymore. They now sell Feitan ePass keys and the prices is much better than Yubikey.

RonSwanson

Expert Member
I thought I'd just update this thread since its relevant and google search led me here.

Layer7 doesnt sell Yubikeys anymore. They now sell Feitan ePass keys and the prices is much better than Yubikey.
Layer7 don't bother answering emails, even when following up with telephone calls and promising to get back to you. I guess that they aren't interested in rat's & mice business, which these keys are.

I see that Google have recently announced a USB-C version of their (Yubico based) FIDO2 key for $40, but not shipping to SA.

Feitian store has some cheapish (old tech) ones, and some overpriced new ones (featuring NFC and Bio). Not worth it IMHO.

I guess that the only way to get one is to go to a non-sh1th0le country, or get a friend / colleague in such a country to send you one.

A dismal state of affairs, yet open to any entrepreneur.

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
A lot of bigger tech companies have the keys as standard in their machines.
I do a lot of international work and my last machine a client shipped from the states has a yubikey.
They work well for their intended purpose.