Where to Clear my mind in Cape Town?

chefdude98

Expert Member
Im currently going through a rough patch & a little depressed. I am being treated for depression, that side is covered.

Where can I go to in Cape Town & just escape. Clear my mind, find a sense of calm & peace?

Somewhere scenic & calming will be lovely.

Thank you.

scudsucker

Expert Member
There's a large mountain just above the CBD if you haven't noticed it. And the range extends to Cape Point. There are hundreds of routes, for beginners to export climbers.

Plenty of calm and peace up there (aside from the Cable Station & Platteklip Gorge).

marco

Expert Member
Go to the World of Birds in Houtbay and sit inside the large aviary where the tiny monkeys sit on your head and climb into your pockets. The small colourful birds flutter around you and tweet their songs. Spend the day there as it is so soul soothing. Or go fishing.

gamer16

Executive Member
Just go to the nearest koppi (small/medium hill/mountain) that has road access to it and go sit down up there by yourself, relax, have a think or just stare at the view till the sun goes down.

jezzad

Have you tried the Headspace app op?
Headspace app is brilliant, if you can’t afford to get away. I would suggest doing walks out in nature, Alphen Trail etc... Pick the spots carefully as they aren’t all 100% safe

Getting out in nature away from tech always helps me ground myself.

Akasha

Executive Member
Go to the World of Birds in Houtbay and sit inside the large aviary where the tiny monkeys sit on your head and climb into your pockets. The small colourful birds flutter around you and tweet their songs. Spend the day there as it is so soul soothing. Or go fishing.
Can 100% recommend the first part
1563782464526.png

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
Mountain is good, a sunset on Llandudno can be very restorative with very little commitment. Drive out to Franschoek with no plans, just go via Villiersdorp and enter via the pass then find a spot to grab a beer and a bite. Take a pal along.