Where to get sake (rice wine) in Jozi

raybiez

Can anyone direct me where to get sake (japanese rice wine) in Johannesburg? More specifically in the Roodepoort area.

Thanks

LancelotSA

Banned
I have no idea whether you guys have these shops in Joburg but in Durban they sell sake at EVERFRESH. It is a fresh produce shop that sells veggies etc.

Geriatrix

Executive Member
Almost any sushi or chinese restaurant sells sake. Otherwise make your way to Randburg, theres a lot of chinese supermarkets with lots of interesting stuff.

Natas

Expert Member
I would say go to Norman Goodfellows. Not sure what kind fo Sake you are looking for but they vary greatly in price and quality. If you can find a Chinese grocery shop, they will certainly see sake. The brand they sell in these shops is however cr4p and should generally rather be enjoyed warm.

If you want a sake good enough to actually enjoy cold, then you will have to look a little harder.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Resurrection!
Where can I buy sake in Joburg?
After a quick Google....:unsure:...it looks like Bottleshop may be your only option.

Just make 100% sure what you buy from them IS currently in stock, because they are actually a bunch of muppets and I refuse to buy from them anymore.

eehellfire

Executive Member
Surely other places must sell! (also couldn't find anything else).

Are those prices normal? Seems like a lot for a bottle of wine.