Where to get the Cheapest Samsung Galaxy S3?

PseudZ

Expert Member
Hi all,

I am just wondering where I could get the 32GB Pebble Blue Samsung Galaxy S3 cheapest?

I have looked around but thought I would ask as well to see.

Either a reputable online store or somewhere in Cape Town.

Thanks

Ecco

Executive Member
Hi all,

I am just wondering where I could get the 32GB Pebble Blue Samsung Galaxy S3 cheapest?

I have looked around but thought I would ask as well to see.

Either a reputable online store or somewhere in Cape Town.

Thanks
Wait for an iPhone 5! (runs) haha.

Actually, if you willing to, check on gumtree - of course the risk is all yours.

Otherwise Vodacom online store had them for R6999

PseudZ

Expert Member
Vodacom only has the white for R6999 but no blue.

The places I have seen pebble blue are R7499 upwards.

That's why I am wondering if anyone has bought a pebble blue for under R6999.

AirWolf

Honorary Master
There's also a red, though I haven't seen anyone with one.

Last edited:

onlyoneken

I ended up getting mine from Incredible connection last weekend (They were going for R6999 - R450 for a traded in old blackberry). Before that I did quite a bit of Googling and found that CaCell had them for the cheapest that I could find, although I must be honest I was looking for the 16GB version at the time. Good luck, you won't regret it, awesome phone!

DominionZA

Executive Member
I got mine - 32 GB - off OLX for R5k. Unwanted upgrade and brand new.

Gamer

Expert Member
I'm too impatient to wait for a private deal. I got both a white and a blue one from pinnacle. R5999 plus vat.

DominionZA

Executive Member
I'm too impatient to wait for a private deal. I got both a white and a blue one from pinnacle. R5999 plus vat.
Lol :D

Private can be very fast dude. In my case I decided on a Friday night - around 20H00- to move on from the Note and get an S3. Sat AM 11H00 I had it. :D

Gamer

Expert Member
Lol :D

Private can be very fast dude. In my case I decided on a Friday night - around 20H00- to move on from the Note and get an S3. Sat AM 11H00 I had it. :D
Definitely, I did look online before ordering from pinnacle, I think in Durban there is less choice :mad:

PseudZ

Expert Member
Their online store allows me to purchase the blue for R6999 http://goo.gl/Ggv1A
Ah I see now, thanks. A few days ago they only had white and when I enquired they said they won't be getting the blue.

OLX or Gumtree would be ideal due to the prices there, but not sure lol

I have seen bid or buy with some good prices too, shall look there.

Last edited:

DominionZA

Executive Member
Ah I see now, thanks. A few days ago they only had white and when I enquired they said they won't be getting the blue.

OLX or Gumtree would be ideal due to the prices there, but I am still very sceptical about such sites at the moment.
Make sure it is a local seller and meet face to face to do the transaction.
I met my seller at the coffee shop at Bedford center. Transfered the R5k to his account using my cell after I had checked out the S3 and made sure it was as advertised. Perfect transaction.

PseudZ

Expert Member
I have found this on Bid or Buy.

It isn't a verified seller but many verified sellers have bought from them and they have many positive sales.

Is going this route a good idea? I have never bought online in this manner before so not sure of the risks involved.

It is next day delivery to the post office. Is this risky? If it gets "lost" and I do not get it is that my problem or how does that work?

Thanks

Gamer

Expert Member
I have found this on Bid or Buy.

It isn't a verified seller but many verified sellers have bought from them and they have many positive sales.

Is going this route a good idea? I have never bought online in this manner before so not sure of the risks involved.

It is next day delivery to the post office. Is this risky? If it gets "lost" and I do not get it is that my problem or how does that work?

Thanks
Couple of things that stand out for me.

"ORDER WILL BE POSTED IN 2-4 WORKING DAYS FROM PAYMENT CONFIRMATION."
Means you won't get it the next day. What this generally means is the seller does not have the stock in his hands at the time of sale.

NO COLLECTIONS ALLOWED FOR SECURITY REASONS
While I respect the fact that deals involving lots of cash can be dodgy, paying EFT into an account and arranging collection once payment has been verified should be possible. Being in Durban myself, this would be a deal breaker for me - something's fishy if a genuine seller who's 100% confident in his product will not make a plan to meet with you, even at a bloody police station. The "warranty" is held with him/the seller...if you can't meet before (or when getting the product), how do you know he'll pull through when/if you have a problem with the product - at this stage he's just an email address and a bank account. That's not a lot to go on if you get ripped off. Also, if it wasn't grey stock, warranty would be by Voda/MTN or Samsung SA.

The wording is quite specific too.
BRAND NEW, IN BOX
This is not to say it is still sealed in the box. I'm not saying it's not, but if it was, I promise you the advert would say so.

Just to be clear, I don't know this seller, have no experience with this seller, just sharing my concerns from what I see. It may result in a perfect transaction and you might get exactly what you expected.

Last edited: