Where to live in Jhb - Near Sandton

nevadayz

Expert Member
Fellow forumites,

I am in need of assitance,
I am possibly moving to Jhb for work, specifically Alice Lane in Sandton.

I know Jhb to some extent, but not wrt where to live.

I would like a nice,safe, residential area, not too much hustle, bustle and traffic. Maybe like a Sunninghill/Greenstone.
Hopefully around 15/20 min from Alice lane, sandton.

I need a two bedroom place, hopefully spacious, preferably not in one of those hyper populated complexes.
My budget is between 7-8.5k, for renting.

Thoughts?

Cheers. :)

Venomous

Honorary Master
sandton, no traffic? err, no

you might have to up the budget or else accept complex/flat living.

If you have pets check with the owner if they accept pets in the case of complexes/flats chat to the BC peeps.

nevadayz

Expert Member
meh, i know, traffic is going to ruin me, but im trying to minimise as much as possible, managed to even alter my working hours to avoid peak traffic.

Im aiming for a flat/complex, just not one of them with a 1000 cramped units in them -_-

No pets.

SteveO

Expert Member
What time do you start and end?

I live in lonehill. Takes me 20mins in the morning to get to Woodmead, and around 30mins to get to Sandton. This is at 830-930

In the evening, I leave after 6 it usually takes around the same time. If I leave at 4/430 though, then i'm looking at 40mins to an hour.

herbertk

Expert Member
Been living in Paulshof for some time now enjoy the area... I work on West Street in Sandton, granted I leave early but I am at work in 30-40 min...

Drop me a PM if interested, I actually have a place available...

Jakkels1991

Expert Member
Been living in Paulshof for some time now enjoy the area... I work on West Street in Sandton, granted I leave early but I am at work in 30-40 min...

Drop me a PM if interested, I actually have a place available...

Alexander Forbes/ Discovery maby?

Pho3nix

The Legend
;)

not bad places, again, traffic on william nicol, isnt it always bad, not matter what time of day -_-

Around 7ish it's decent. After that and after 5 you'll have a major problem. In Sandton once a week in the mornings and takes roughly 30 min odd to get there.

GhostSixFour

Username approved by US Airforce
What about edenvale - isn't the traffic lighter coming from that side? And you miss the bucchluch-can't spell that word if my life depended on it - interchange mess..

herbertk

Expert Member
Morningside is also very nice but for that buget you will struggle to get a 2bed....