r0j0e

Hi

I'm not from Cape Town but have recently started working in the Northern Suburbs in Cape Town (Plattekloof to be exact).
Short of asking a real estate agent (may as well ask an encyclopaedia salesman if I need encyclopaedias) as to which areas are safe and affordable to
either rent or buy property in, can any of you please recommend areas in which to buy that is under a million / to rent under R7k.

At least a large 2 bed ground-floor flat / house about 80sqm living space or more for 2 adults and 1 child. If I buy a sectional title flat, which complexes offer
good value for money and also good price growth?

Is Parow North (just bordering the N1) a safe area? Parow Golf Course area? Is it only recommended to buy above the N1?
What are popular yet small complexes around there? Have seen adverts for "the Islands"?
I've seen shacks coming up on the border of Burgundy Estate (which looks largely like a ghost town anyway), and heard that Richwood is bordering the Dunoon township.

Is Bothasig a safe area? There's like 20 agencies all aggressively marketing the few properties that come on the market and pushing prices up.

Edgemead, Welgelegen, Baronetcy Estate, Panorama, Plattekloof all are way too expensive already, and Milnerton proper is too far out. What are some good complexes in good areas?

PrivateProperty used to have a listing of all complexes in a certain area, now they no-longer provide that service, and neither does Property24.

Can someone who has recently bought or knows these areas there intimately please part with some advice? Am I asking for the impossible here?
Should I rather look east towards Bellville or south towards Goodwood?

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it

Archer

Honorary Master
I can rent you my place in Tableview :p

I wouldnt count out Burgundy Estate, its getting there and it's really close to your work. Goodwood can be ok, Richwood closer to the main road is fine. Boston in Bellville would be good, but dont know the prices. All other areas around Plattekloof I either dont know, or like you say are too expensive

Last edited:

Billy

Expert Member
We just went through this exercise on behalf of my son. We settled on the Oak Glen area of Bellville.

There are quite a few complexes in the area that offer good value.

r0j0e

Dunoon is very nice. Quite cheap, friendly neighbours.

cool, move in then and let me know how it goes.. I'll join you if you're still alive in a few years :whistling:
did you know that there's no google street view for places in Dunoon! :wtf:

r0j0e

We just went through this exercise on behalf of my son. We settled on the Oak Glen area of Bellville.

There are quite a few complexes in the area that offer good value.

thanks, will drive around the area and make a stop at the police station. there's also a website for anybody that's interested, http://www.crimestatssa.com/
I will let you guess what it's about :p

Can anybody recommend any honest, good real estate agents in the Parow/Goodwood or Bellville area that have intimate knowledge of properties and areas on offer.. I have yet to meet any!

Billy

Expert Member
Can anybody recommend any honest, good real estate agents in the Parow/Goodwood or Bellville area that have intimate knowledge of properties and areas on offer.. I have yet to meet any!

We bought through Harcourts http://www.harcourts.co.za/Property/Residential/All/Bellville We dealt with Jacques Groenewald and were impressed with the service.

We also dealt with Menno Menno@webafrica.org.za He specializes in apartments Flats and complexes. He showed us three potential buys, but Jacques had beaten him to it. PM me if you need anything more.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
R7000 in that area? Jeez you have money to burn.

Nothing wrong with Parow North or anything in that zone above the rail way line.

But for R7000 you can probably rest right next to your office or in Welgelegen.

Monte Vista is another option. Loevenstein also has a few flats and things but for R7000 you can surely get a free standing house of some sort.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I can rent you my place in Tableview :p

I wouldnt count out Burgundy Estate, its getting there and it's really close to your work. Goodwood can be ok, Richwood closer to the main road is fine. Boston in Bellville would be good, but dont know the prices. All other areas around Plattekloof I either dont know, or like you say are too expensive

Yeah Burgundy Estate is a very good call and you should easily find something for R7000 a month possibly even to buy.

Boston is a bit older but nothing wrong with that area either.

There are a few townhouse type options around De Tyger (next to Parow North) as well.