Where to stream sports after cancelling DStv

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
What pray is Legal Streaming? That must be a very grey area TBH I do nt like IPTV and even though you pay GBP 25 a year am sure that it is illegal and the the bufferring??? So is misleading the US provider illegal streaming ??
I have a friend who lives in Texas and has Directv & ESPN + I pay him R400 per month and have a Smart DNS on my router and watch the Premier League UCL Europa League International Cricket and Rugby Now is this Illegal?
Why are you subsidising his Directv so much? That's $25 you're paying.

I've got access to my dad's directv - fortunately he doesn't charge me anything. :D

greg0205

Honorary Master
Imagine being on the interwebz

On a tech related forum

With threads covering most every sport

... And saying there is no way to watch live sport except for muh DStv

Imagine it

_TrXtR_

Expert Member
Why are people so obsessed with MC? Surely if you don't use them it makes no difference in your life. So why would people want them to go under? Sounds like the anti-religious fanaticism we see so often on here.

Kinda like being against e-toll but you have stopped driving your car?
We have a right to fair pricing as consumers. I got rid of MC many years ago because of being overpriced. This required me to jump some hoops to get what I want while they still go and get exclusivity on things. Forces me into piracy.

I think it's fair enough to want either their complete demise, or better pricing. If they fall it opens the market for something better.... that the whole country can have.

Is similar to religious folk freaking out?

EADC

Executive Member
Imagine being on the interwebz

On a tech related forum

With threads covering most every sport

... And saying there is no way to watch live sport except for muh DStv

Imagine it
At the same convenience and quality?

EADC

Executive Member
Kinda like being against e-toll but you have stopped driving your car?
We have a right to fair pricing as consumers. I got rid of MC many years ago because of being overpriced. This required me to jump some hoops to get what I want while they still go and get exclusivity on things. Forces me into piracy.

I think it's fair enough to want either their complete demise, or better pricing. If they fall it opens the market for something better.... that the whole country can have.

Is similar to religious folk freaking out?
Bet you still watch content from the same people who will sell MC that exclusivity?

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Says who? There's a cost involved in creating content and the producers should be able to charge for it. If you don't like the price don't pay it but don't believe that you still have a right to it. If you don't like the price Nu Metro charges for a movie do you slip in the side door and watch it all the same?

Nothing forces you into piracy.

Pitbull

Verboten
Do you need a VPN for this or just click and stream?
Are ALL sporting events covered?

Click and stream.

Has A LOT of pop-up adds before the stream starts. Just use an ad-blocker ;)

greg0205

Honorary Master
At the same convenience and quality?

Super convenient and better quality.

The reddits post 1080 streams and in some cases even 4K ones... Hell, there are potato quality streams for folk with poor connections too.

They post html options as well as acestream links.

My backup if all the reddits fail is viprow dot net, and they have 720 streams.

I haven’t had DStv for years now and I haven’t missed a F1 race, Indy, MotoGP, WSBK, Currie Cup, Super Rugby, Rugby International, Liverpool game (including preseason), World Cup, Tour De France or anything I’ve wanted to watch in all of that time.

I’m actually watching more sport now. Started watching NFL and MLB too.

Tandor

The saddest thing is South Africa's National sport is Rugby but a VERY large percentage of our Kids can no longer watch the game as they don't have access to DSTV. Who are our kids sporting idols? Is rugby only for the privileged few who can afford to watch it? DSTV will still be the downfall of Rugby in this country as in 10 years when these kids grow up, there will be even fewer rugby fans.

Local Teams Soccer is available on all other channels and also on the entry level packages, why is Rugby not being made more accessable for our youth? How can DSTV have exclusive broadcasting rights for a national sport and then only make this available to the few Elite who can afford there premier subscription. This is NOT right.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Says who? There's a cost involved in creating content and the producers should be able to charge for it. If you don't like the price don't pay it but don't believe that you still have a right to it. If you don't like the price Nu Metro charges for a movie do you slip in the side door and watch it all the same?

Nothing forces you into piracy.

Lol dstv have a government enforced BS monopoly. And the same government says people has a right to choice and fair pricing in the consumer protection and other related acts.

I'll pirate whatever I want until they fixed that.

rietrot

Honorary Master
The saddest thing is South Africa's National sport is Rugby but a VERY large percentage of our Kids can no longer watch the game as they don't have access to DSTV. Who are our kids sporting idols? Is rugby only for the privileged few who can afford to watch it? DSTV will still be the downfall of Rugby in this country as in 10 years when these kids grow up, there will be even fewer rugby fans.

Local Teams Soccer is available on all other channels and also on the entry level packages, why is Rugby not being made more accessable for our youth? How can DSTV have exclusive broadcasting rights for a national sport and then only make this available to the few Elite who can afford there premier subscription. This is NOT right.
Exactly this. Their own greed will kill the sport. Just look at how empty the stadiums are. This is toxic famine mentality.

They need to bring new fans in and grow rugby. Even if they want to keep the premium service, they should make all games footage available delayed.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
For motorsport enthusiasts, NASCAR provides full race coverage a day or two later on their official Youtube channel. DTM takes it further and streams live coverage of their races on their Youtube Channel.

Bonus with DTM is they have multi cam, allowing you to watch the TV broadcast or watch the race from one of three cars.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Lol dstv have a government enforced BS monopoly. And the same government says people has a right to choice and fair pricing in the consumer protection and other related acts.

I'll pirate whatever I want until they fixed that.
I'm sure you'll stop overnight when DStV becomes more affordable... :unsure:
Exactly this. Their own greed will kill the sport. Just look at how empty the stadiums are. This is toxic famine mentality.
The stadiums are empty because fans would rather stay home and watch it on tv.

Reactions: Azg