Celerio 1,0 GL - R153,900
Celerio 1,0 GL AMT - R168,900

Ignis 1,2GL - R171,900
Ignis 1,2 GLX - R191,900
Ignis 1,2 GLX AMT - R206,900

Baleno 1,4GL - R203,900
Baleno 1,4 GLX - R235,000
Baleno 1,4GLX auto - R250,900

In my book the Baleno is the best kept secret, especially the 1,4GLX manual.

The new Swift will not increase sales, it will take from the other models.

What say you?

Does VW not have the same problem with the UP, Vivo and Polo?

A buyer walks into the showroom with so much to spend, looks around as becomes confused.

Actually, the same would apply when a prospect walks into a Honda dealership.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Tough one to say but I say pitched ever so slightly higher than the like for like Baleno model.

I think Suzi SA will do a big marketing campaign to pitch the Swift as a more youthful & sophisticated model relative to the Baleno,

UrBaN963

Executive Member
I was in a Suzuki dealership recently and the Baleno really is nice. I just don't like the bum, put me right off the car. Spec wise though, it sells itself and the price isn't bad.

That said, I then looked at the Ignis, Swift and couldn't see a reason you'd buy the Ignis unless you like that styling (I don't).

Sly21C

Expert Member
What do you guys think of the Suzuki Ignis? I'm thinking of buying that car, as opposed to a Toyota etios. I'm told the etios is not durable enough.

thechamp

Honorary Master
In my opinion all those small cars are non cars, the Celerio Is just overpriced mediocrity and I don't understand the point of the Ignis. Things being a little clearer now the choice is between the Baleno and the Swift, if it's something mature you want then it's the Baleno, the Swift is sporty and young at heart, especially in those outrageous colours.

They are sleeping on the job regarding the the Celerio, position it as a value proposition to compete with the Go and the Kwid, slap a few value added extras like free insurance and market it agressilvely, it's a better car anyway, they should not be losing sales to the Datsun, drop the price if needs be.

Last edited:

thechamp

Honorary Master
What do you guys think of the Suzuki Ignis? I'm thinking of buying that car, as opposed to a Toyota etios. I'm told the etios is not durable enough.
I am sure that it is better quality than the Etios but i am not into cars that pretend to be what they are not, also that huge C pillar looks weird with the slits cut through it.

Last edited:

semisane1987

In my opinion all those small cars are non cars, the Celerio I just overpriced mediocrity and I don't understand the point of the Ignis. Things being a little clearer now the choice is between the Baleno and the Swift, if it's something mature you want then it's the Baleno, the Swift is sporty and young at heart, especially in those outrageous colours.

They are sleeping on the job regarding the the Celerio, position it as a value proposition to compete with the Go and the Kwid, slap a few value added extras like free insurance and market it agressilvely, it's a better car anyway they should not be losing sales to the Datsun, drop te price if needs be.
I do agree with you all these small cars are overpriced, the are suppose to be budget city cars but damn expensive.

Paying R160 000 for Suzuki Celerio honestly I would rather look, for something decent in the demo/ second hand range.

semisane1987

Last year when I took my car for service at Honda, I was walking around the floor I saw a brand new Honda Brio. If I still remember correctly it was priced R173 000 then the was a demo 2015 Honda Jazz, for R180 000. I said to myself if I was in a market for a car I would defiantly take the Jazz, it's a better car than the Brio.

Sepeng

Expert Member
What you're saying is true for basically every manufacturer out there. We've got X1-6, Q2-7, - every possible niche is filled.
So this ain't a Suzuki issue, it's just an issue.
Some like it; personally I reckon we have way too many variations for our market.

thechamp

Honorary Master
What you're saying is true for basically every manufacturer out there. We've got X1-6, Q2-7, - every possible niche is filled.
So this ain't a Suzuki issue, it's just an issue.
Some like it; personally I reckon we have way too many variations for our market.
I agree, it's ridiculous, on one engine, same power figures you get an ordinary model, an active/cross and you also get a sport model, with nothing that really set them apart except some plastic cladding and fancy paint decals. No real value for money for the consumer.

SoTrue

Expert Member
Last year when I took my car for service at Honda, I was walking around the floor I saw a brand new Honda Brio. If I still remember correctly it was priced R173 000 then the was a demo 2015 Honda Jazz, for R180 000. I said to myself if I was in a market for a car I would defiantly take the Jazz, it's a better car than the Brio.
Are you referring to the Brio Hatch or Sedan? In our household we own older models of the Jazz and Brio Hatch. There is no comparison, the Jazz is vastly superior.

Last edited:

FiestaST

Honorary Master
New 2018 Suzuki Swift spotted in Cape Town: We have prices of the stylish new hatch

The new Suzuki Swift has been spotted at a dealership in South Africa ahead of its national launch early in June 2018.

Suzuki has already deployed several units to dealerships nationwide as the Japanese automaker readies itself for the launch of its next-generation Swift to the South African market.

Next-gen Swift

There are currently three hatchback derivatives in the range, all powered by a 1.2-litre engine.

Prices start from R159 900 for the 1.2i GA manual and R189 900 for the 1.2 GL auto. We'll have more details, including prices for the sedan variant, closer to its local launch.

2018 Suzuki Swift prices (hatchback only)

Swift 1.2 Hatchback prices
1.2i GA MT R159 900
1.2i GL AMT Launch special R169 900 / R175 900
1.2i GL AMT R189 900

https://www.wheels24.co.za/NewModel...have-prices-of-the-stylish-new-hatch-20180529

Swift 1.png
Swift 2.jpg
Swift 3.jpg
Swift 4.jpg
Swift 5.jpg
Swift 6.jpg

stroller

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Obviously the Swift will be set below the Baleno; it is much less of a car.

I've looked at your reference and I do not see any "My comment", all I see is stick and paste!:)
Don't start please.

Let us keep the imbecile comments to a minimum hey :p

thechamp

Honorary Master
Starting price is not bad, interesting that the spec is similar to the Ignis which is priced at R171900.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
New Suzuki Swift is here: SA prices & specs

Suzuki will officially launch its all-new, and spunkier-looking Swift in South Africa next week, but prices and specifications for the five-door hatchback models have become available ahead of time.

As before the hatch is offered in three 1.2-litre variants:

The range kicks off with a 1.2 GA base model at R159 900, which is R2000 more than the previous version. The 1.2 GL retains its previous list price of R175 900, but according to dealers that we spoke to there is a launch special of R169 900 for the manual model. The GL will also be available in automatic guise, at R189 900.

A new version of the Dzire sedan will be available too.

The 1.2-litre normally aspirated petrol engine produces 61kW and 113Nm, which is 2kW less than before, but the new Swift more than makes up for that with a kerb weight that’s about 85kW lighter - tipping the scales at a paltry 875kW.

Built on Suzuki’s new ‘Heartect’ platform that also underpins Ignis and Baleno, the 2018 Swift is actually 10mm shorter than its predecessor, but the all-important wheelbase grows by 20mm and better packaging sees the boot capacity grow by 54 litres to a truly decent 268 litres.

All models in the range are well stocked, featuring all the basics like aircon, remote central locking, power steering and dual airbags. The base version does look a little skimpy, however, with its plain steel wheels, and the budget model is also missing a radio.

See the spec differences in more detail below:

We’ll be driving the new Swift at its local launch in Durban, so look out for our driving impressions next Friday, June 8.

https://www.iol.co.za/motoring/lates...specs-15266557

image.jpg