Where you can get Supersonic's new uncapped AirFibre service

Joseph matane

I was wondering will this system be able to offer speed upgrade in future like current FTTH ? Because this is good but come next year winter season this will be available in more area's just like FTTH but pricing will be the major difference
Air Fibre R499 for 10Mbps DL vs FTTH R499 for 20 or 25Mbps DL
I was thinking because of other factors Air Fibre is idea for Kasi/township example #SowetoNaledi roll out then Fibre Poynt for #ProteaGlen and avoid duplication of fixed broadband
FTTH first is qualifying neighborhoods then extend coverage with Air Fibre or Vumareach to merge FTTH blank area's then on outer layer use Fixed-5G or Fibre Poynt
fixed-LTE and Starlink for remote rural areas

Last edited:

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
Is Wilgeheuwel covered? Can't see the map so nicely.. Currently paying R620 for a 10/10 Fibre line..

netstrider

Expert Member
So many areas still without decent internet. Once those are sorted this may be a nice failover/backup for those with FTTH.

zoozi

Running on MTN's network? So Rain v2.0 and congestion issues down the line?

SuperMario

I was wondering will this system be able to offer speed upgrade in future like current FTTH ? Because this is good but come next year winter season this will be available in more area's just like FTTH but pricing will be the major difference
Air Fibre R499 for 10Mbps DL vs FTTH R499 for 20 or 25Mbps DL
I was thinking because of other factors Air Fibre is idea for Kasi/township example #SowetoNaledi roll out then Fibre Poynt for #ProteaGlen and avoid duplication of fixed broadband
FTTH first is qualifying neighborhoods then extend coverage with Air Fibre or Vumareach to merge FTTH blank area's then on outer layer use Fixed-5G or Fibre Poynt
fixed-LTE and Starlink for remote rural areas
I'm sure they will be able to offer upgrades. On the Tarana website it states that it can deliver gigabit-class speeds. This will probably also depend on the amount of users a tower can support and so on.

Last edited: