Whey protein: what brand?

Nike7

Shows you how long ago I did weights. When I did my research back then, the whole thing was that you got muscle growth by breaking down the muscle and rebuilding it...
Standing near a fire to get warm = stimulus.
Setting your pants on fire = not as productive.

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
Unflavoured casein has to be the worst flavour - struggled to keep it down, even when trying to flavour it.
Have you tried Pea Protein powder?, after trying/seeing that ugly side of life is when everything in my life changed :ROFL:

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Have you tried Pea Protein powder?, after trying/seeing that ugly side of life is when everything in my life changed :ROFL:
Waaay back - I prefer my protein animal sourced.

[/QUOTE]
some would argue you would be much warmer if you just set your pants on fire.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. Terry Pratchett

abudabi

Expert Member
Optimum and NPL are rather pricey from dischem... probably only worth it for the hardcore gymmer that needs to squeeze everything out of it.

abudabi

Expert Member
Maybe.. but I'm talking in relation to other proteins that they sell.

EDIT: Just looked on chromesa and dishcem is not completely out of whack with their pricing for optimum.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Chrome Stores are also a bit expensive in my opinion... :D Look at Supplement World for overall not bad prices, last time I looked. Might have changed?

abudabi

Expert Member
Yeah same price.. R2.2k for the optimum 4.5KG

Is it really that good ?!?!?

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
Ok so I popped into Makro and picked up a tub of this and a USN shaker:

Just had my first try of it after gym, and it's surprisingly tasty ... the chocolate flavour ain't half bad, even if the artificial sweetener is noticeable (but probably mostly coz I've stopped using sugar wherever possible).

Here's to see whether it helps at all, I'll report back on progress in a few months :)

Something I also saw which I'd love to try is this: speckled eggs flavour!!!! Has anybody tried it?

Madhawk

Honorary Master
I've tried Evox, USN and Nutritech before, but I prefer Evolve Tri-Whey.

It dissolves easily with water and it tastes good. Currently my favourite.

Currently at a good price: