Which car manufacturer do you think makes the best standard/stock sound system?

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
The sound that comes in the TATA Bolt is amazeballs. It is a Harman Kardon though, but comes standard in the car.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Lexus, GS range has standard 12 speaker 5.1 system with dolby digital.

Upgraded system has 17 speakers.

Competition in that range normally only 4-8 speakers as standard.

Asgard85

My Honda Accord was pretty decent - they called it the "Premium" sound system but I think it came as standard here in RSA. It was certainly a lot better than my stock BMW sound (F30). We had a Jazz once upon a time and the sound in that wasn't bad for what it was.

Rhein

I drive a car for fun.
FUN must be the main ingredient; any other feature is simply an add on.
Like: Safety, cruise control, auto wipers, auto lights, serious sound audition and all the other shyte that manufacturers now add on to attract sales, even furking service plans and extended warranty plans.
I want to have fun. I need ABS, excellent road holding to compensate for my driving skills and all the other devices that keep me on the road.

Whilst I'm a new kid on the block, I recall that somewhere, someone posted on mybroadband a reply of an old Minister of Transport, who was questioned about the quality of food on SAA, he was told that it was not up to standard, he replied: "Wil jy vlieg of wil jy vreet?"

All I'm trying to tell you is that quality of sound is not one of my requirements.

With regard to the above: "Wil djy motor of wil djy luister?":)

eg2505

Honorary Master
sure land rover sound systems are good.

but the best?
probably custom fitment.

Pitbull

Verboten
Impressed with the Sound in my Land Rover.

However, the sound we had in the BMW was pretty special. Had the Haman Kardon sound system in it.

Crowley

Executive Member
I drive a car for fun.
FUN must be the main ingredient; any other feature is simply an add on.
Like: Safety, cruise control, auto wipers, auto lights, serious sound audition and all the other shyte that manufacturers now add on to attract sales, even furking service plans and extended warranty plans.
I want to have fun. I need ABS, excellent road holding to compensate for my driving skills and all the other devices that keep me on the road.

Whilst I'm a new kid on the block, I recall that somewhere, someone posted on mybroadband a reply of an old Minister of Transport, who was questioned about the quality of food on SAA, he was told that it was not up to standard, he replied: "Wil jy vlieg of wil jy vreet?"

All I'm trying to tell you is that quality of sound is not one of my requirements.

With regard to the above: "Wil djy motor of wil djy luister?":)
Great way to mis the question completely. The OP asked about the best sound system, not why you drive.

For me, the new Audi systems are the best I've heard although a honorable mention to my Murano's Bose system. Pity it is so outdated.

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
Mini Cooper S With Harmon Kardon
Jaguar With Bowers & Wilkins
Bentley With The Naim Audio Sound System

namzsteve

Expert Member
Audi, with the built-in subs?
Best sound I heard was in a Jag!

My FiST has alright sound/speakers, it has a Sony head unit, wonder if the speakers are Sony too.

APoc184

Honorary Master
We drive a Mitsubishi ASX with the Rockford Fosgate system in.

Not an audiophile at all but damn it is a pleasure to play music on that thing!

Sepeng

Expert Member
First would by the Indian buses down in Durbs. Followed by the Indian/ Coloured taxis in Durban.
Pretty sure they're standard stock. Well Durban standard anyway.

Naks

Expert Member
The Meridian system in the Range Rovers is amazeballs!

unskinnybob

Expert Member
Harmon Kardon 7 speaker system (+2 subs under the front seats) in the F30 BMWs is well worth the money