Which contactless payment app do you prefer?

Which contactless payment app do you prefer?

• Apple Pay

Votes: 39 18.2%
  • Samsung Pay

Votes: 19 8.9%
  • FNB Pay

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • SnapScan

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Masterpass

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • Garmin Pay

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • I prefer using the 'tap' feature on my bank card

Votes: 101 47.2%
  • Other

Votes: 13 6.1%

• Total voters

Leisure Larry

Using FNB app on the phone, Samsung Pay on Watch, and Woolworths card.
Just can't find an app that Woolworths Credit Card works with to tap to pay.

Affieplaas

I use the Mobile Pocket app to keep my rewards cards. These include Makro card, Clicks clubcard, Checkers, Woolworths rewards card, Spur family card, Dischem card, MICA cashback card and a few others. Most places can scan the barcode, the others all allow manual entry of the card number. Most of these reward cards are just gimmicks IMHO but I use them any way, at least I feel as if I try to save money.

I now only use Apple Pay. I have not tapped my credit card since the day that FNB activated Apple Pay.

RedViking

Nord of the South
"tap feature"

There should be no reason to tap at all. Just hold it close to the device.

krycor

Honorary Master
ApplePay.. card is almost never used since it came out for FNB except that time it asked for it to be inserted/swipe. Almost all with Apple Watch..

QR when contactless isn’t available(FNB Pay supports all except zapper so have to use Zapper for canal walk only if I go there .. why do malls in Cpt not have ALPR tech?? Why?? It feels like so backward vs Jhb.. have to pay at machine.. good thing the qr payment works).

Ps. I am wondering when online will Integrate with ApplePay etc.

3WA

Honorary Master
PnP, scan via app.
Went to Checkers today and they now do accept manual input of card number.

Hey, the PnP app is back in the app store! Used to use it, then it disappeared for a while. So happy that it's back.

eg2505

Honorary Master
mostly use the tap functionality, due to my paranoid conspiracy of them being able to track you quite easily with all these new-fangled apps,
that probably broadcast your location and much more besides, when you use them.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
on the Checkers App you show the number to the cashier - and just how do you suppose it gets from your screen into the system...? :unsure:

They have to manually enter that 16 digit number.

I believe the work around is asking them to scan the barcode from the Stocard app.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
on the Checkers App you show the number to the cashier - and just how do you suppose it gets from your screen into the system...? :unsure:

They have to manually enter that 16 digit number.

I believe the work around is asking them to scan the barcode from the Stocard app.
Sorry meant to reference you but quoted the wrong way.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
It does not take half an hour to enter 16 digits.
You try entering 16 digits on one of those touch screens. It takes long enough for me to consider it to be inconsiderate, compared to scanning or swiping at least.

Charlesjjm

You try entering 16 digits on one of those touch screens. It takes long enough for me to consider it to be inconsiderate, compared to scanning or swiping at least.
I'll time them the next time and report back.