Which country is handling the coronavirus pandemic the best?

Chris.Geerdts

Expert Member
It's too simplistic just to compare country stats. Outcomes depend on age profiles and health system capabilities in each country. Adherence depends on resources people have and the culture of compliance. Measures taken by some countries would not be accepted in terms of liberties, including privacy of phone information, in others.

One thing I'm sure of is the countries who contained the initial surge are far better off than those who didn't - even if the rules were over-hasty or over-strict.

Testing rates seem critical to me to give a better picture of what's going on. The more testing, the easier it is to respond.

Chris.Geerdts

Expert Member
1588072698582.png

The finding of this recent IPSOS survey in the US really highlights the national divisions and how they are impacting the responses to Covid-19

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
Everyone is aware of the disease now. Everyone knows to wash hands, social distance and wear masks. Everyone knows to stay home as much as possible. Everyone that can work from home, is.

There is no need to micro manage every conceivable human activity or purchase anymore. There is no need to set time limits on arbitrary activities.

We had, like 10 to 20 people in ICU at any one time over the past 31 days. Time to let the workers go back to work. In a responsible manner.

Why can't my garden service cut my grass? They are outside my house, never come near me. Why can't I go buy takeaway food in person but I can by raw ingredients and take as long as I like to shop in the supermarket?

Chris.Geerdts

Expert Member
Everyone is aware of the disease now. Everyone knows to wash hands, social distance and wear masks. Everyone knows to stay home as much as possible. Everyone that can work from home, is.

There is no need to micro manage every conceivable human activity or purchase anymore. There is no need to set time limits on arbitrary activities.

We had, like 10 to 20 people in ICU at any one time over the past 31 days. Time to let the workers go back to work. In a responsible manner.

Why can't my garden service cut my grass? They are outside my house, never come near me. Why can't I go buy takeaway food in person but I can by raw ingredients and take as long as I like to shop in the supermarket?
My grocery shop visits have confirmed that behaviour still needs to change a lot before we have basic reduction in risk