Which ergonomic chair to get?

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
i sit 9hrs a day in office chair that cost a grand from Makro about 8 years ago.
my 2nd hand office chair at home where i spend the rest of my life before passing out each night was bought in 2000 at an auction for R200

I dont see the need for 5 grand chairs. Just go to a shop sit in it and if you like it then buy it. This isnt going to be a purchase you do from other peoples inputs as we all have different torsos and seating postures etc

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
i sit 9hrs a day in office chair that cost a grand from Makro about 8 years ago.
my 2nd hand office chair at home where i spend the rest of my life before passing out each night was bought in 2000 at an auction for R200

I dont see the need for 5 grand chairs. Just go to a shop sit in it and if you like it then buy it. This isnt going to be a purchase you do from other peoples inputs as we all have different torsos and seating postures etc
Sure seating posture is important, but my 10k matrass is a lot better than my previous 4k matrass. Why wouldn't chair be similar?

Tomtomtom

I got tired of replacing the R 1000 Makro chairs every year because casters would pop off or the seat base would collapse because it was made of plywood. The Ergotherapy chair is solid - expecting at least 10 years from it.

Also - agree with the mattress analogy. If you sleep 1/3 of the day and you sit another 1/3, then your mattress and chair should be equally decent surely.

RedViking

Nord of the South
There are so many.

You should go to the office and furniture store and sit in one. One size does not fill all.

Start with contacting Adel at ito furniture. Adel@itofurniture.co.za.

Then check out the other comprehensive threads on this topic.

mak2000

Expert Member
Have you considered a standup desk or something to raise your laptop/screen - sitting is inherently bad for your lower back.

Maurice Kitching

Have you considered a standup desk or something to raise your laptop/screen - sitting is inherently bad for your lower back.
Problem with having the laptop too high is that you tend to hunch your shoulders to be able to type. Causes neck spasm and headaches. I find that sitting higher and being able to drop my shoulders helps with back issues. I use one of the chairs where you sit partly on your knees and it adjusts quite high.

saor

Honorary Master
Standing for 9 hrs is inherently uncomfortable. Especially for someone who's doing heavy pc work the whole day.

Liverbird

Any opinions on this chair? SmartSelect_20210612-211005_Chrome.jpg

RedViking

Nord of the South
Any opinions on this chair? View attachment 1087717
You will only know if you sit in it.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Nope. Five years: Ergotherapy or nothing.

Nope.

Had the NetOne, didn't work for me. Worked for my wife. All mesh or nothing. Got one from Cecil Nurse, at a premium price.

Edit: see I already posted the link above between the NetOne and Enjoy.