Which ergonomic chair to get?

Peon

Expert Member
Quick Poll:

Those who say their chairs only last a year, weight + height? Mine last normally a year.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Quick Poll:

Those who say their chairs only last a year, weight + height? Mine last normally a year.
From makro or similar, then yeah about a year.

My Wau chair is just on a year old now and feels like new still.

Peon

Expert Member
Im thinking the budget chairs don't cater well for us 'larger bone structured' individuals. :ROFL:

Jehosefat

Expert Member
Im thinking the budget chairs don't cater well for us 'larger bone structured' individuals. :ROFL:
I weigh just under 80kg and I've never had a "cheap" chair (like Makro R1,000 - R1,600) that I used regularly last more than 18 months.

Bought an Ergotherapy chair about a year ago with all the work-from-home and it's still in great shape (that said, I've had one at work for the last 3 or 4 years and that one's still in great condition too).

Mars

Honorary Master
Ok so my wife bought the chair for me. I'll let you all know how it is when it arrives.

grok

Honorary Master

I got tired of replacing the R 1000 Makro chairs every year because casters would pop off or the seat base would collapse because it was made of plywood. The Ergotherapy chair is solid - expecting at least 10 years from it.

Also - agree with the mattress analogy. If you sleep 1/3 of the day and you sit another 1/3, then your mattress and chair should be equally decent surely.
I got these about a month ago (paid R400)..

1624450077084.png

Result is super silent & smooth glide over the tiles in my study, but best is you can rest assured you'll be able to catch that twin cam in the corners with your sports rims..

I also bought these for my daughter's chair as they're more officey.. boring!.. she.can.eat.my.dust!! :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

1624450420376.png

Leo_

I can’t recommend the Merryfair WAU enough.

1624464124376.jpeg

I have the chair for a smidge over a year now and it still feels and looks brand spanking new.
Its really well built, and just feels hefty, solid, and premium. Also it is very adjustable so you will definitely find a comfortable position.

rh1

Expert Member
Quick Poll:

Makro cheapie, more than 2 years. 1.81 and 95-98kg. Wife and kid used it nowadays.

Decofurn cheapie, almost a year.

Agree, have to sit on the chair. Due to my wonky back from two car accidents in my 20s, I can quickly determine whether a chair will work, as my back starts to ache within 5 minutes on a bad chair. I.e. even expensive chairs might not be a good fit for me.

roskii

Merryfair WAU on special for R6,499 on ONO today.

However, I've been checking the WAU price on deskandchair.co.za daily...

Yesterday WAU = R7,499
Today WAU = R10,000

Seems like they've bumped up the price for the ONO special :rolleyes:

Mars

Honorary Master
I bought the Reya and I had bad lower back pain for the first 2 or 3 days. After that its awesome. No regrets here.

Dylan_G

Expert Member
Did anyone buy a chair from ITO Furniture?

My budget is around R3k.

I contacted Adel who gave me a few options around that price (Harper/Evo/YNot)

She also suggested the Leila or Maddox Comfit Plus (R3895 each). Does anyone own these?

kfc4unme

Merryfair WAU on special for R6,499 on ONO today.

However, I've been checking the WAU price on deskandchair.co.za daily...

Yesterday WAU = R7,499
Today WAU = R10,000

Seems like they've bumped up the price for the ONO special :rolleyes:
Thanks, now I want a R10k chair :(

lkswan747

Expert Member
Sorry to be biased but I still think the following gives outstanding service and advise:

I have had very good service from them and will punt them whenever I can as service levels in SA mostly suck and is very refreshing receiving good service from a company!

roskii

Motion on special today - just a 5% discount from deskandchair's price.

Anyone have this one? Thoughts?