Which is the best Mobile ISP?

RoLeLu

Guys and gals,

I'd like to know which is the best Mobile ISP for gaming. One important requirement is that it must allow port forwarding, as I plan to use it for gaming through a Direct IP connecion using Radmin VPN.

And to clarify what I mean by "best", I mean which mobile ISP provides the best network performance I.e Latency, Download/Upload speed etc. If anyone can help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Best would be mtn, but not sure what requirements there is to get unresticted APN on mtn.

RoLeLu

Best would be mtn, but not sure what requirements there is to get unresticted APN on mtn.
Yeah, I'm on MTN at the moment, apparently only their contract customers have the option for unrestricted APN.

I forgot to mention I'm on Pre-Paid, sorry about that :p.

Regards

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Yeah, I'm on MTN at the moment, apparently only their contract customers have the option for unrestricted APN.

I forgot to mention I'm on Pre-Paid, sorry about that :p.

Regards

We have Data on MTN

1GB free each month for 3 months and after that you get 1GB free if you spend R69 or more.

By default we have natted these connections but I can arrange a public IP for you. You can look at our MTN fixed LTE but those are month to month packages but also offer a public IP.

RoLeLu

We have Data on MTN

1GB free each month for 3 months and after that you get 1GB free if you spend R69 or more.

By default we have natted these connections but I can arrange a public IP for you. You can look at our MTN fixed LTE but those are month to month packages but also offer a public IP.
Okay, what would the requirements be of me in order for you to assign a public ip to me. I'd like to stay on prepaid as well, so no contracts for me right now.

The only mobile ISP networks in RSA im aware of right now which allows for port forwarding on prepaid are Vodacom, Cell-C and Telkom.

Regards,

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Okay, what would the requirements be of me in order for you to assign a public ip to me. I'd like to stay on prepaid as well, so no contracts for me right now.

The only mobile ISP networks in RSA im aware of right now which allows for port forwarding on prepaid are Vodacom, Cell-C and Telkom.

Regards,

Our APN works on MTN prepaid.

You simply sign up and send me a pm with the number. Once it connects with the Afrihost APN I will request the natting to be removed so you can do port forwarding.

Lee31

We have Data on MTN

Sorry to hijack this thread, but how does one take advantage of the free mobile data? I signed up for mobile data yesterday, my SIM has been successfully provisioned...

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Sorry to hijack this thread, but how does one take advantage of the free mobile data? I signed up for mobile data yesterday, my SIM has been successfully provisioned...

Are you using the Afrihost mobile app?

You can claim the 1GB free in the Afrihost app each month.