Votes: 118 8.8%
  • Webafrica

Votes: 79 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 294 22.0%

• Total voters

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Webafrica, because out of principle I refuse to support Telkom or MWEB and Afrihost messed me around too much during a dark time where they had severe connection issues for almost two months and kept quiet about it.

Webafrica has been providing a mostly rock solid connection and service the whole time I've been a client.

Surfer22

I use MTN LTE. Telkom LTE was fully subscribed (Maximum users per base station) and prices were increased. Fibre not yet available. ADSL very poor

stefan9

Executive Member
Cool Ideas - No Fup and PBCool's hand on approach is unmatched by the other isps.

gwyn909

I switched to Iburst in 2005 when Telkom fupped my dialup connection. I have stayed with them ever since. I was initially going through a little company called Interprise who were fantastic. They were eaten up by VOX who I found couldn't find their asses with both hands and I went directly to Iburst. When they changed to RAIN and one could not connect directly to them I was told that they had transferred all accounts to Afrihost. I didn't object but communications with Africhost was like talking to the back end of a mule for 3 weeks. So I went to Webafrica who connected me in a day and have had no problems since. That is the sum of my experiences with ISPs in South Africa. If there are any better please tell me.

Geyzer

We use Cool Ideas 50/50 uncapped, signed up after reading one of the threads.
Well-priced, low startup cost i.e. free router and we find they are up 99.9% of the time.

Bernie

Expert Member
ISP: ISPAfrika

Tired of ADSL, line kept dropping when it rained, technicians couldn't find anything wrong. We have no fiber available at the moment, so went with WTTH. Very happy sofar. Will prefer fiber as it would be cheaper but going well for now.

Ghost in the Machine

MWEB. Switched to them years ago when 56k dial-up modems were all the rage. MWEB had swallowed most of the competition at the time, and Helkom would get the business "Over My Dead Body."

VanTheMan

Afrihost.
Had a colleague who battled to cancel his ADSL line- liked that Afrihost handles the ASDL line as well
Unfortunately no fibre available at home- Will most likely syick with Afrihost when fibre becomes available.

deonste

Neotel wireless . 99.9% of the time I have the 4 Meg I pay for 24 hours a day and the price is good. 699

Mark2015

I use telecom promotions to get my very cheap and affordable the best Internet you can ever ask for.

chrisc

Executive Member
I was an Afrihost customer until I had problems with the service (kept cutting out) and all requests to have it sorted were ignored. I called to cancel to be told I had a contract. Upon asking for details of this contract, it turned out there was none. Despite this, they continued to debit my bank acc until I stopped it. Never received a refund for the 3 months debited and when I enquired, was told that the account had been closed. Assumed from that they are dishonest and greedy

Have been using BUZYBUY for over a year. Excellent service, their tech gave me his phone number and said "call any time"

Terber

Used Mweb before so was quick to set up and deal was good. Much the same as other offers

Speed23

Cool Ideas

By far the best service I've ever experienced from an ISP. No FUP, unshapped, uncapped

PegZ

I use Axxess. I had used them before with ADSL and never had any problems ( no throttling, etc.). Their tech and account support are excellent. Queries are sorted without fuss. When I switched to Fibre and could not connect, they assisted with settings on my private owned router (I was reusing my existing WAN ADSL router). Together with their excellent technical assistance we proved that the fibre was not installed correctly, but we got it sorted!