Which laptop brand do you currently use?

Which laptop brand do you currently use?

• Lenovo

Votes: 64 20.3%
  • Dell

Votes: 75 23.8%
  • Apple

Votes: 32 10.2%
  • HP

Votes: 53 16.8%
  • Asus

Votes: 29 9.2%
  • Acer

Votes: 25 7.9%
  • Microsoft

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • MSI

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Mecer

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Other (please tell us what it is)

Votes: 20 6.3%

• Total voters

lestoran

HP Envy

In my experience working for companies that use both HP and Dell : HP is far more reliable - especially in terms of build quality.

MacBooks used to be fantastic but the last few years top end's from Dell / HP / Lenovo are just as good for half the price and their quality have been slipping.

Love MacOS but Linux is just as good nowadays.

Messugga

Honorary Master
Dell XPS 13.
It was the best ultralight I could find in SA. Would have preferred the Razer Blade Stealth but with their relatively poor reliability I couldn't handle not having local support.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
I have a 2014 Macbook Pro for around the house - web browsing, etc.

Have a Wootbook (Clevo) branded laptop for real work.

Tpex

Teh Cyber Ninja
HP because I thought it was a quality product, but one month after the warranty ended...
*Half the keys on the keyboard stopped working (And most of the time I used an external keyboard, so it's not even a wear issue.
* Screen developed dead pixels, and noticeable stress on the LCD when opening an closing.

So I'll slate HP till my dying breath, on the other hand, my R2800 Lenovo student special lasted me 5 years, worked perfectly, the only issue was a broken delete key (key actually popped out)

sand_man

Honorary Master
Asus - like Asus motherboards so thought I'd like their laptops... and it's pretty good...

aleksandar

Got 3 Lenovo Thinkpads (2xT470 and T480) in last year or so and very happy with them.
One kid works on it all the time and takes it to school, no problems so far.

I think value for money they are great.

beans100

Honorary Master
Now that we're on the topic of laptops, anybody on here using Chromebooks?

mikef

Expert Member
Currently using MS Surface Pro 4 (tablet) and Dell XPS (Also have an old Sony Vaio Pro 13 which in many respect is my favourite as it just never gives any issues but only used for meeting presentations). All running current Windows 10. Have previously used in order of preference Lenovo (Thinkpad), HP, MSI, Toshiba, Asus. Acer and Mecer.

Last edited: