Which large food retailer do you support the most often?

• Checkers

Votes: 238 38.3%
  • Pick n Pay

Votes: 166 26.7%
  • Spar

Votes: 117 18.8%
  • Woolworths Food

Votes: 101 16.2%

• Total voters

JacquiJae

Mostly where the specials are. All them are becomming RIP offs, popular items seem price fixed and unadvertised specials are generally about to go frot. I started homesteading a year ago and I've finally learnt the value of staying away from supermarkets except for what I cant grow or make myself.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
That's a convoluted way to say supermarket.

Checkers - good quality and good prices. PnP is just too damn expensive and I keep getting stuck in a long queue of Karens at Woolies.

Spar is just meh.

Reply_All

Checkers. Good mask and social distancing enforcement, I can withdraw cash at the till and I earn eBucks.

Crafty

Mostly Woolies and Spar. The bigger the shop, the less likely you are to find me in it.

Oboe

Some Spar outlets are top class but some are just rip offs...

Clipper

Checkers is by far the best although there are big differences between different store - probably depending on the management. Some just do not give the same service as others and that can be upsetting at times, but on average, they are the best and cheaper than PnP

SirBaka404

Used to be Spar for me, until I moved to the other side of my village - PnP is essentially right across the road (I don't have a car so this is great!)

Captain Beer

Executive Member
Checkers. It's walking distance, cheaper than the others, their house brands are also streets ahead of the others (Pot O Gold, Crystal Valley etc.)

SykomantiS

Expert Member
Spar, but I'm starting to think the bulk of my monthly shopping should move to checkers, seems to be a bit cheaper.

Mist4h20

Checkers for delivery, cause I'm a lazy **** lately. If I run down to the shop probably the local spar for them points

grok

Honorary Master
Woolies wins because there's a Food Store just outside my village gate & they (used to stay) open until 20h00. Convenience pappie, also utilizing some of that white privilege while we still have some.

Grocery shopping I buy from whomever, I have a PnP, 2 Spars and a stinky Checkers to choose from. Just beyond that a Food Lovers, Checkers Hyper and what have you.