Which large food retailer do you support the most often?

Which large food retailer do you support the most often?

• Checkers

Votes: 238 38.3%
  • Pick n Pay

Votes: 166 26.7%
  • Spar

Votes: 117 18.8%
  • Woolworths Food

Votes: 101 16.2%

• Total voters

jphegers

I most frequently shop at a Superspar close to me as it is owned by a Portuguese and who can beat a Portuguese with knowledge regarding fruit and veggies.

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
I most frequently shop at a Superspar close to me as it is owned by a Portuguese and who can beat a Portuguese with knowledge regarding fruit and veggies.

Miss all those Porra shops we used to have back then .............
Ours in Pinetown, the mother had a bigger mustache than the son and the daughter hairier legs than the poodle, but they were just lekker people.
They went went back to Portugal because Africa

3WA

Honorary Master
Checkers until I hit my eBucks cap. Then Spar.

Lord of the Storm

Checkers especially for Ebucks, then for specials at PnP and Woolworths. Only if specials are at SPAR will I venture away from Checkers.

Tsipa

I would like to see all mentioned large food retailer to be available anywhere, so that they can crush Shoprite to the ground

GreatWmR

Expert Member
PnP its in a better location here, easier parking
It would be spar if i lived the other side of town

Checkers parking is a nightmare early to mid day

Prawnapple

Expert Member
Used to be Checkers a lot, but the Checkers in central Durbanville has out of date products. Would not recommend.

I've bought some out of date products and some products expire in like a week or a few days from now, and they are still at premium prices...

Not limited to: Tea, Coffee Pods, Chocolates. There were some chocolates on the rack which expired in 2019. Suffice to say I contacted Customer Support.

Shop mostly at Spar Durbanville now.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Checkers as ebucks and closest.
If later and only one or two items, spar.

Basically if both checkers and spar don't have what I want, I'll check the pick n Pay, which is like once every 6 months.

Pick n Pay generally ends up being more costly and I have no interest in rewards programs, only done the checkers one like two weeks ago, but it's not that I go out of my way for checking what is cheapest at each but rather convenience.

Lunch at work was between checkers and woolworths, both had better pricing and a better range, but don't know what's happened since lockdown.

psk2004

This will no doubt change as i am tired of being run over in Checker's stores by their Sixty Rand employees,
which at times results in shortages of baskets and or trolleys

TofuMofu

Honorary Master
Checkers because of eBucks, but I'm also happy with their shops. Haven't been very impressed with PnP's lately.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
McDonald's :D
I am so mortally embarrassed by this post. The depths that I have plumbed to. What was I thinking! :X3:

@Seriously!

I guess it would be PnP with a close second some of the fresh produce shops. PnP, for us, is a clever buy. If we go at the right time, we can pick up several fresh produce items with big mark-downs. Nothing wrong with the goods if you use them within a couple of days or so.

Skoffy2019

My local Spar usually has lots of specials on necessities - meat, oil, eggs, pantry staples etc. Checkers definitely beats PnP price wise but my local Checkers has terrible customer service and their fridges often do not smell too good.

NuttyNige

In the area I live, there is only one worth going to and that's Woolworth's...

Zele12

I normally do my shopping all ova,wat I do is go for 100 deals @ Makro than do my veggies @ evergreen,than do sales en specials @ shoprite;pick n pay,kit Kat this why I would say I really support every retail store than saves us money en think of our pockets,than making a profitit's a lot of work but it's alot money saved

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
I use
Spar, Checkers, and Woolworths. Of course, there is also Discem and Wellness warehouse...

God forbid we use more than one at the same time, all of the time and most of the time :rolleyes:

****ing monoshoppers :ROFL: