Which large food retailer do you support the most often?

Which large food retailer do you support the most often?

• Checkers

Votes: 238 38.3%
  • Pick n Pay

Votes: 166 26.7%
  • Spar

Votes: 117 18.8%
  • Woolworths Food

Votes: 101 16.2%

• Total voters

AnimateX

For perishables, Spar as I don't have a car and the 6km walk there and back is the closest. Prices are ok and quick friendly service. For bulk items I use PNP delivery but I wish they had a bigger selection. Not many places deliver here.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Checkers. The nearest one is about 2km away and it is one of the fancy upgraded ones. I've shopped around and they seem to be the cheapest as well.

LOTR

Checkers for the Monthly's, Woolies for the Weekly's, Spar for the inbetweens. Can't recall when last I went to PnP

geert.devries

We go 2-weekly to Pretoria Boeremark for the green stuff, followed by Uitkyk supermarket for the meats and the rest, both in Silverton. Far better, more personal, and more economical shopping experiences than any of the large retailers manned by morose staff. Those who are too far from Silverton are missing out.

Hourglass

In this order Spar - as it is conveniently on the way home from work. Then WW / Pick & Pay / Checkers which is a slight detour - BUT I do go to Checkers for their specials!!

SlowInternet

Executive Member
Used to be PnP but now use Checkers much more. The fruit and veggies in Checkers is much better quality than in PnP

Stuey74

Used to be Pick and Pay, until they messed me around with my Smart Shopper card. Now mostly Checkers, very good ones close to home and work, if petrol goes up then Sixty 60 will be cheaper than driving + parking.

Spar round the corner for bread and milk, sometimes other necessities but they are a bit more expensive so try to hold off.

lunch

For me, it's Spar. Used to be PnP but they are pretty damn expensive these days

Checkers for the most part, but for the odds and ends Spar, because it is a 5 minute walk away to the Quickimart by me. I even take my own basket, because why not, and I do not need any packaging. Checkers find a merchandiser and get a box, because cardboard is recyclable, and free.

Woolies when the line for Checkers is too long, and i really only need a few things, because the line for Woolies is not too big, even though it is a tiny little one.

Meat Bluff meat, and they also do veg as well, so often get it there. Food Lovers only if i am in the area for something else, and you never ever buy meat from them, way too many bad meat packs.

P&P the odd time when in the area. Last went to Makro March.......