Which large food retailer do you support the most often?

Which large food retailer do you support the most often?

• Checkers

Votes: 238 38.3%
  • Pick n Pay

Votes: 166 26.7%
  • Spar

Votes: 117 18.8%
  • Woolworths Food

Votes: 101 16.2%

• Total voters

EADC

Executive Member
Checkers. Good mask and social distancing enforcement, I can withdraw cash at the till and I earn eBucks.
This is the reason I mostly shop at Woolworths, no other garbage at the tills where people take hours, just pay for your **** and leave.

JTUBB

Woolies, as not as expensive for standard stuff. Avoid the fancy stuff
Checkers for eBucks.
All via Online now.

wbot

Executive Member
Checkers. Have 2 stores nearby. Second PnP, third Woolies. My local Spars suck so I rarely visit them anymore these days

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
I start offering cash withdrawals at the till from Monday and I am in the arse end of the world.... :unsure:

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
This is the reason I mostly shop at Woolworths, no other garbage at the tills where people take hours, just pay for your **** and leave.
You understand that the cash back process means you still just pay for your **** and leave, right? Just with some cash.

Woolworths is the biggest time suck - do you have a myschool card, do you have a woolies card, would you like a myschool card, would you like a woolies card, would you like a bag, would you like to purchase some airtime...

EADC

Executive Member
You understand that the cash back process means you still just pay for your **** and leave, right? Just with some cash.

Woolworths is the biggest time suck - do you have a myschool card, do you have a woolies card, would you like a myschool card, would you like a woolies card, would you like a bag, would you like to purchase some airtime...

Oh you have clearly never been stuck behind someone who wants to buy airtime, draw cash at the till which takes forever, meanwhile Woolworths just pay for my **** and leave.

No one wanting to do 10 other things.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Oh you have clearly never been stuck behind someone who wants to buy airtime, draw cash at the till which takes forever, meanwhile Woolworths just pay for my **** and leave.
All the time - it doesn't take long to draw cash.

Mimen

Checkers, after I discovered their Xtra savings card. No bull no points. Just show it to get the much lower prices on the Xtra savings spaces in the shelfs. In one day I knocked off 30 bucks on a 900 grams cheese brand. Another 30 on my Favorite coffee and another 28 on a pack of 4 soaps.
Can't beat that. Spar is annoying, every store seems to have their own version of loyalty card.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member

Woolies has a premium shopping experience, until you queue to pay. At both Woolies close to me I queue about as long as I do at Checkers, maybe even longer.
I rather drive to PnP where all the tills are manned, and you can just walk up to a till, pay and leave. I can often choose between 3 open tills.
Woolies try to keep you in their gauntlet of temptation for as long as possible, and I seldom see more than three quarters of tills manned. And they never have baskets available.
As you can tell, I really really hate woolies. The quality is great, but you pay a lot for it, with both your money and your time.

EADC

Executive Member
Woolies has a premium shopping experience, until you queue to pay. At both Woolies close to me I queue about as long as I do at Checkers, maybe even longer.
I rather drive to PnP where all the tills are manned, and you can just walk up to a till, pay and leave. I can often choose between 3 open tills.
Woolies try to keep you in their gauntlet of temptation for as long as possible, and I seldom see more than three quarters of tills manned. And they never have baskets available.
As you can tell, I really really hate woolies. The quality is great, but you pay a lot for it, with both your money and your time.

This seems area specific I have the opposite experience, PnP is garbage, Checkers ok but always too few tills open, Woolworths is a breeze

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Spar mostly because it is conveniently on my route to and from work. Checkers, if I missed something, when I go collect my Son from his work, same mall.

MirageF1

Executive Member
Shoprite ( or as I have heard it called ShopWrong) is not the list as a seperate entry.
Putting it under Checkers is misleading/skewing IMO.

redspark

Expert Member
Spar - the only supermarket within 30km from my house. Otherwise, Picknpay and some Woolies if I'm town.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
was Pick n Pay for last 10 years but a month ago i moved over the road to Checkers, literally across the road
massive improvement

Matt91

Expert Member
Do u ou need to produce your eBucks card? Or just swipe your FNB card?

Nope you just swipe your linked FNB card but I know if you shop at makro and swipe your ebucks card you get extra points.