Which large food retailer do you support the most often?

Which large food retailer do you support the most often?

• Checkers

Votes: 238 38.3%
  • Pick n Pay

Votes: 166 26.7%
  • Spar

Votes: 117 18.8%
  • Woolworths Food

Votes: 101 16.2%

• Total voters

neoprema

Executive Member
So far i'm settling in between Checkers and Woolworths.

While i do like Pnp the one near me is a one of those super big things and they NEVER have enough paypoints open. its just queue queue queue everytime. Irritating.

Mimen

Good news. I discovered the Checkers 60 minutes app on play store. With it I no longer have to leave the house to go shopping. I tried it out and ordered a few things. Holy smoke, it arrived with a delivery bike within about 30 minutes! The manager actually called me a few minutes later to hear if I received the order and if all was OK. Unbelievable, I was stunned. He asked me for feedback. I just raved about the service and told him it's a pity the Xtra savings specials is not available on the app. He thanked me for the feedback and said he is going to contact head office and see if they can do anything about it. No more woollies, PnP or spar for me. Checkers rocks. They also started stocking their own brand of instant meals, like Woolies and holy smoke they taste as great as the Woolies meals, Prices are better than Woolies and the portions are much bigger.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Good news. I discovered the Checkers 60 minutes app on play store. With it I no longer have to leave the house to go shopping. I tried it out and ordered a few things. Holy smoke, it arrived with a delivery bike within about 30 minutes! The manager actually called me a few minutes later to hear if I received the order and if all was OK. Unbelievable, I was stunned. He asked me for feedback. I just raved about the service and told him it's a pity the Xtra savings specials is not available on the app. He thanked me for the feedback and said he is going to contact head office and see if they can do anything about it. No more woollies, PnP or spar for me. Checkers rocks. They also started stocking their own brand of instant meals, like Woolies and holy smoke they taste as great as the Woolies meals, Prices are better than Woolies and the portions are much bigger.
What are you holy smoking? :p

richjdavies

Expert Member
Id agree with that. The checkers 60 is app VERY good. Not every picker/packer is great -- i.e. sometimes they miss 3 or 4 items which surely arent out of stock.

Agree though would be great if they would:
A. Include the xtra savings card - maybe this is the margin they are cutting to do the service??? Or is it just a bit of "no one did the admin"
B. Let you CHOSE the store - they pick the closest one, even if there are two nearby! One store is well run, one less so (always out of stock) - but thats the one I must get deliveries from! Guess I'll have to move :)