Which lockdown regulation made/makes the least sense to you?

Lupus

Honorary Master
Was there any that really made sense? I mean we couldn't buy clothes for a month, than after that only essential clothes for another month? Took them two weeks to realise underwear for adults is essential.

binkybozo

We went into a harsh lockdown too soon and for too long. Alcohol and tobacco ban. That non-essential ban was just plain stupid.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Especially the fact that it is still here under level 2, that purpose could it possibly serve?
The longer you stay out at night the dumber and braver you get :)

But I'm willing to bet it is the non-problem areas (suburbs) adhering to this and not the problem areas (townships).

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
I mean I can kind of understand shutting down non-essential stores, but if PNP is already open and you're there then buying a braai scrubber isn't going to suddenly increase your risk of death!
Exactly
Its already there
Let me buy it as I already have a bread in my trolley

Stupid ANC, I'm never voting for them again

VooDooC

Expert Member
The ban on sales of non-essential items...

I think they reckoned that if they crack down on the sale of non-essential items, people won't move around the shop so much. All well and good, but the idiocy of it all came in to play when you're allowed to buy one thing in the shop, but the other item that is on the same shelve is not allowed.

Also the smoking ban was a complete ****up and all it did was cost the state Billions in taxes while people kept on smoking the illegal stuff.

Lupus

Honorary Master
That you weren't allowed to buy flip flops
Underwear dude, never mind flip flops the fact that we weren't allowed to buy underwear unless you were a kid. I've still got a pair of sleeper shorts I bought in the first of May I cannot return until level 1 apparently.

GZL

Every single rule, including the mask and sanitising. There is no pandemic, only a highly contagious flu. A situation that could have been managed by proper communication and common sense. The whole world overreacted. It has also highlighted how inept the WHO has become. This entire thing is about control and oppression by the various governments.
The aftermath of this reaction will probably take decades to resolve, if ever.

newby_investor

Expert Member
Every single rule, including the mask and sanitising. There is no pandemic, only a highly contagious flu. A situation that could have been managed by proper communication and common sense. The whole world overreacted. It has also highlighted how inept the WHO has become. This entire thing is about control and oppression by the various governments.
The aftermath of this reaction will probably take decades to resolve, if ever.
Dude that's not helpful.
A scary new disease that no one really understands yet arises, I think an initial lockdown is justifiable. It's easy to say after the fact that it wasn't necessary but we didn't know that at the time. After the first five weeks we did know that. Then it became about the ANC and who is the boss, no one is denying that.

Masks and handwashing are pretty good ideas. I'd be doing that even if it weren't legally mandated. Highly contagious flu se voet, thirty thousand excess deaths here in SA and hundreds of thousands worldwide is no joke. Maybe all your friends and relatives are under 30 years old, but I'd prefer that my aging and diabetic parents live to be with us a few more years. Got a feeling a lot of other people feel similarly.

You think common sense would have solved the problem. But you'd be surprised just how uncommon it actually is.

bwana

MyBroadband
I like to gauge the reactions of my overseas friends when I tell them about some of the regulations. The flip flops one was a big hit with them, along with the booze ban.

Spliffcat

Executive Member
Yep me overseas mates couldn't believe the utter BS the clowns came up with.

skimread

Honorary Master
- When you go into Pick n Pay you are given a washing line peg.