Which lockdown regulations do you want clarity on from a legal expert?

Moto Guzzi

There are many lockdown regulations which are not clear on what is allowed or not. MyBroadband will contact a legal expert to share their views on these regulations.

Question: Which lockdown regulations do you want clarity on from a legal expert?
May I drive to another town 100Km's away to get my dogs professionally groomed like always before 'The-Cofv', and if so must the gromer provide a letter-?

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
May I drive to another town 100Km's away to get my dogs professionally groomed like always before 'The-Cofv', and if so must the gromer provide a letter-?
You need a legal eagle to tell you no?

RedViking

Nord of the South
Mine is not necessarily lockdown but this whole period under state of disaster, including lockdown.

1. Parents with parenting plans. Do the lockdown rules over rule the parenting plan? What if a father or mother who just saw them for holidays or weekends want them to now stay there for a couple of weeks or months? There are many issues and confusion during lockdown in regards to parenting plans and parents rights.

2. If the government makes it compulsory for kids to go to school or parents will get a criminal record, like many other laws they made up, will parents still have a choice?

3. If my family urgently needs food or clothes, do I need a permit to go drop it off at their house?

Moto Guzzi

You need a legal eagle to tell you no?
There was something about the SA Dog/Pet Groomers Association negotiating with government regarding grooming of pets just recently, did not receive a reply from them yet, last few days.

Master Su

The reasoning behind the clothing item ban. So I can go to a shopping mall with thousands of people who might potentially carry this virus but I cant buy me some flip flops and a sleeveless shirt ? Where did they get this idea from an episode of the Twilight Zone.

1590305888446.gif

garp

Executive Member
Section 37 of the constitution allows for a state of emergency to temporarily override the bill of rights. A state of emergency can only be declared by an act of parliament and the regulations arising must be subjected to a parliamentary vote.

There is no reference to a state of disaster in the constitution. No act or law may supersede the constitution, it is the supreme law. Thus any regulation arising from the NCCC that derogates the bill of rights is unconstitutional.

Therefore, my question for the legal expert is what recourse may I reasonably employ to preserve my constitutional rights against any security forces or authorities that attempt to enforce any of the unconstitutional regulations arising from the NCCC that illegally attempt to curtail my rights?

Arandompeer

Why are the police allowed to search and confiscate items and property without a warrant?
Can we sue if the police confiscated items which have no impact on the public e.g cigarettes(bought before the lockdown) or a toaster(yes a fooken toaster)?
Are police allowed to enter my property if they suspect I have guests?
Are we communists now?

lived666

Executive Member
Is a curfew legal in a state of disaster - we are not in a state of emergency?

Cutadash

I question the iq of Moët of these bans the principle spread of this virus is close contact exercise over 3 hours is ludicrous restricting the times when you can by alcohol is going to cause the same problem banning tobacco is totally unjustified the mental health issues are enormous The Who has stated that there is no data to say that people who smoke are at greater risk is this a democracy or a dictatorship where ther is no freedom of choice I have a suspicion that the powere that be have got not their fingers but their hand in the tobacco & alcohol pie we all know that corruption is at the top of this country’s problems I’m quite sure that the people at the top are not going short of anything & making a fortune as well shame on them

saor

Honorary Master
I question the iq of Moët of these bans the principle spread of this virus is close contact exercise over 3 hours is ludicrous restricting the times when you can by alcohol is going to cause the same problem banning tobacco is totally unjustified the mental health issues are enormous The Who has stated that there is no data to say that people who smoke are at greater risk is this a democracy or a dictatorship where ther is no freedom of choice I have a suspicion that the powere that be have got not their fingers but their hand in the tobacco & alcohol pie we all know that corruption is at the top of this country’s problems I’m quite sure that the people at the top are not going short of anything & making a fortune as well shame on them
Take a breath.
Edit your post so people can actually read it.

LOTR

Why is there no ban on sugar or sugar inclusive items? (For "health" reasons of course).

Brian_G

Expert Member
@friedpiggy , great questions from you in the S.A. thread so putting a copy here where it may be answered.
There are many lockdown regulations which are not clear on what is allowed or not. MyBroadband will contact a legal expert to share their views on these regulations.

Question: Which lockdown regulations do you want clarity on from a legal expert?
I was remembering back to my Commercial Law 1 lectures many years ago. The way I see it, elected officials have a contract with the people they govern. The official will not abuse the people and in return the people will follow the guidelines and laws set by the official. In contract law however, intentional misrepresentation nullifies the contract. This is what I remember from many many years ago so don't shoot me if I am wrong.
My question then is that after this is all over, could we not approach the courts on a fraud basis. NDZ declared the disaster and enacted the DMA for the stated reason of allowing the medical field to prepare. The reason was then changed. That would mean that she misrepresented her reasons for declaring a disaster. Also, the argument could be made that the initial declaration of a disaster was illegal in terms of the DMA as buying time for hospitals to prepare is not a disaster.

Karlh

Do the regulations pertaining to employers and employees entering the workplace on a daily basis also apply tto farm workers?

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Lockdown level 3 rules have been declared unconstitutional and invalid. What happens to me if I flout them?