Which lockdown restrictions should be lifted?

Oudekat

Walking within complexes/estates. Usual social distancing. Our estate is so small and we have people who are used to walking 5km per day. Already had one deep vein thrombosis in the leg of one of our residents who was told on discharge that he must walk. From the bottom of our estate to the main gate it is 1050 steps. My little garden is 75 steps. Come on. We walk more and are in danger from more people when we go to the mall to do our shopping. What have you got against estate living.

Skoffy2019

1. Allow sales of alcohol and cigarettes - perhaps within stipulated times and only allowing a max of 10 people in a bottle store at a time; with cigarettes you are already in a store to buy food, why can't you buy cigarettes?
2. Allow sale of everything else that is still available in stores that are open and put restrictions on quantities (at the least until current non essential stock items are sold out)
3. Allow restaurant/takeaway deliveries - small vendors that usually worked at festivals etc should also be allowed to provide takeaways.
4. Allow online stores/deliveries of items such as DIY, gardening and exercise equipment, as well as clothing.
5. Allow swimming at the beach/walking/jogging/walking with dog alone, or with family members who are living in the same household anyway.

Kololololo

Ciggarettes at the very least. How does the banning of ciggarettes reduce the risk of disease in a store that is already open? Some people say, that this is done to stop people from using UIF relief money... however, the same people who might have used said relief money to buy ciggarettes can go to the same stores where ciggarettes are not for sale and buy chips, chocolates popcorn and the list of other non-esstential go on and on. Whats the difference?

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Walking within complexes/estates. Usual social distancing. Our estate is so small and we have people who are used to walking 5km per day. Already had one deep vein thrombosis in the leg of one of our residents who was told on discharge that he must walk. From the bottom of our estate to the main gate it is 1050 steps. My little garden is 75 steps. Come on. We walk more and are in danger from more people when we go to the mall to do our shopping. What have you got against estate living.
**** that.

Precisely because my estate is small, I hope they enforce the ban inside and open it outside. I don't need the 1st Semi-Annual Dog Walking Championships going past my house every five minutes. ****ing morons haven't walked themselves or their dogs in years, no suddenly it's like they are training for next year's Tokyo Games. FFS! I detest arseholes.

NickyDay

My personal opinion is that there should be no restrictions at all as being restricted from movement and locked down at home is stressful enough. What I do suggest is that habits such as drinking, smoking, shopping, walking and the like be controlled with specific measures put in place as is the case where a certain number of people may enter a shopping centre is controlled. There is always a solution to a problem without having to resort to victimization, anarchy and criminalizing basic human rights.

Phillip1324

Which lockdown restrictions do you think don’t help to prevent the spread of the coronavirus and should be lifted?
Any restriction on the sale of goods that does not noticeably increase the number of people in a retail location (shop) that is already trading, should be lifted (excluding alcohol). Examples a) selling cigarettes with food, selling hardware to the public if the the shop is open in any case.

The Post Office and customs should be allowed to handle imports and postage.

Concentrate on good hygiene practice masks, gloves, disinfection (hands,shoes and clothes).

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Any restriction on the sale of goods that does not noticeably increase the number of people in a retail location (shop) that is already trading, should be lifted (excluding alcohol).

Why?

Are you another one trying to police what others consume?

dgm123

1. Hardware Stores so that I can do general home maintenance to keep busy
2. Outdoor exercise - jogging, cycling, etc - as long as it is done individually or in small groups (3 or 4 people)
3. Dog walking
4. Restaurants and take-away food outlets

ijacobs3

Expert Member
i work in the recycling industry, there is no working from home, as we cannot buy scrap metals/plastic/paper from the public from home, nor can we process it and sell it on, so i recon lifting the restrictions on foundries and their supply chains please

Shireen Holtak

Open shops selling craft, art, and building supplies, home appliances also break and need repair or replacing. We can complete tasks in the home and garden. Also sell cigarettes and alcohol.