Which lockdown restrictions should be lifted?

Shireen Holtak

We need ink cartridges, printer paper, office supplies, art and craft, Builders Warehouse, floor cleaning, appliances and other home appliances , DIY products , to be available.

sadrok

Unrestricted e-commerce and related deliveries. Post office services and imports.
Apparently warm prepared food sales at places like Spar are not allowed now? So takeaways/deliveries

CommsPlayer

Ban on wine/beer/cigarettes sales means no sin tax income for government (maybe already mentioned here).
Also, being able to walk around in security estates.

Jola

Honorary Master
Also, being able to walk around in security estates.

They can lift a lot of those restrictions if they make the wearing of cloth masks compulsory.

Unfortunately the WHO has proven to be completely incompetent during this pandemic, and probably contributed to the quick spread of the virus by refusing to listen to Taiwan's warnings on 31 Dec 2019.

The USA and Japan have now said that they are going to end their contributions to the WHO.

Brroom

Fast foods and exercise equipment sales. Or allowing people to exercise outdoors in isolation?

Ace@30066

Which lockdown restrictions do you think don’t help to prevent the spread of the coronavirus and should be lifted?
I think alcohol and cigarette should be lifted because people now making some homebrew drink which some are made from unhealthy stuff and are dangerous and will cost the government at end of the day.
I know cigarettes are dangerous but smokers are addicted to smoke and it's difficult to quit smoking and the government failed from stopping drugs that are roaming the country and even now drugs dealers are making money and that is unfair for stopping drugs first and followed with cigarettes and above all the alcohol and cigarettes are essential in the tax contribution in this country.

Lune' Marais

Which lockdown restrictions do you think don’t help to prevent the spread of the coronavirus and should be lifted?
The food scheme parcels.
Rather allocate responsible trustworthy people to do the cooking (maybe restaurants in the area..that could bring some income back to those then) and distributing the meals..that way people will be ensured to eat and not trade food for alcohol and cigarettes.
No food parcels or meals has gone to the white & poor Indian communities and their informal settlements, neither sanitizers.

brabham

looking at my two Jack Russells laying around bored AF I would really like to be able to take them for a walk/run.

Tracykard16

The sale of cigarettes and alcohol should be allowed. Instead of loosing all the sin tax to illegal cigarettes and alcohol. The government could use that tax and put it to good use somewhere else.

elysian

I think things like alcohol and cigarettes (for those you need them). Also couriers who adhere to safe practices should be allowed to sell anything. Also when going for essentials, other odd items should be open for sale too, possibly a limit on the number to avoid too much loitering around the shop.

_xaos_

Definitely sales of cigarettes and alcohol as well. Just so stupid to deby citizens their rights to smoking. It's worse than conditions in prison. Orders: "Stay at home but hey we're also going to torture a lot of you by taking away one or two of your day to day coping mechanisms"

When you go to Spar for bread and milk it would usually be easy to pop by the cigarette counter to get cigarettes. But nooooo to them it is not a essential item... What about chocolates, crisps, colas etc... Also non essential but those are available?!

And now exactly what I said would happen is taking place. Liquor store looting and Blackmarket sales of cigarettes and alcohol at exorbitant prices. Putting people even more at risk as they now have to get to some other location to meet the seller and it's also making blackmarket sellers rich (no tax for the gov as well) Dumb as hell!

v3gout

Being able to walk/run/cycle - alone - within a limited distance of home.
Limited purchases from bottle stores.
Sale of cigarettes

demonweare

I saw a post from a doctor in America where he said that the primary reason for the restriction on the sale of alcohol is to reduce the number of alcohol-related casualties in emergency rooms, which frees the medical staff up to turn their attention to Covid-19 response.

I also heard from someone that maybe the reason that cigarettes are restricted is to get people to quit so that doctors can differentiate between smoking-related lung disease and Covid-19-related lung disease.

Not sure if these are the official reasons, though.

Other than that, I do wish they would relax the restrictions on clothing and bedding; winter is coming around and I need to restock my winter warddrobe! I actually struggle to sleep at night because I don't have sufficient bedding – I can only imagine what it's like for people less fortunate than myself.