Which lockdown restrictions should be lifted?

sammya

Do the new regulations allow DIY capable homeowners to purchase plumbing supplies for essential plumbing repairs.
Amendmend point 6 indicates only qualifief tradesmen, but point 7 says any "entity". Screenshot_20200417-062557_Drive.jpeg

Max001

1) On-line Shops to deliver all items
2) All items that have been available in Supermarkets
3 Allow outdoor running or walking with safe distances

Japied

Take a way and delivery food chains, alcohol and hardware stores for DIY

Antnick

OF CRITICAL IMPORTANCE is the Johannesburg and probable country wide government deeds offices. These office closures have prevented transfers of houses resulting high costs to SA Citizens who have urgent need to have removals completed. When a property is not transferred occupational rental becomes apparent, also citizens have to vacate premises as there are others waiting to occupy their purchased premises. Attorneys are waiting and cannot complete their work due to this office closure also resulting in hundreds of estate agents NOT being paid their commission - PLEASE OPEN THIS OFFICE FOR ATTORNEYS TO EFFECT TRANSFERS

BronzeBoy

Definitely alcohol and tobacco products in a controlled manner. By banning these products the shift of crime has just been moved to the households of SA, where it is suppressed by victims out of real, close by fear.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Do the new regulations allow DIY capable homeowners to purchase plumbing supplies for essential plumbing repairs.
Amendmend point 6 indicates only qualifief tradesmen, but point 7 says any "entity". View attachment 823645
Plumbing supplies you say?
:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Archie Rose Distillery, Sydney | Whiskey still, Copper pot still ...

Kawak

Allow sale of everything before Lockdown, just implement extremely strict social distancing.
Allow couriering of all goods by companies that meet hygiene standards.

RBYoung

Serioulsy though - think the ban on alcohol and cigs good. To be able to run/walk/walk the dog would be good for everyone.

CandyEvans553

Noise cancellation headphones. I was not prepared. If i have to hear the same rendition of "what South Africa should be doing" from the other room one more time I might explode.

Oh and baking equipment. Because I bake now . Hand whisks are not a vibe.

But for real - electronics.

Ecko_1

I just wanna get some hookah tobacco. I overstocked for 3 week lockdown. Gonna run out before 5 weeks.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Life the whole thing.
Keep pushing personal hygiene responsibility (mask wearing when you're sickly, keeping hands clean, personal space, etc) as it extends beyond just curbing the SARS-COV-2 spread. It'll curb real killer infections, such as E.Coli, significantly.
Retain the current levels of border security and improve it.

And start pursuing criminal charges against our politicians! WTF is the holdup? Lockdown is the ideal time to get the courts busy as capacity is available.

Last edited:

The Darkness

Expert Member
All constitutional freedoms should be returned, and those who knowingly have suppressed immune systems or are sickly should take their own precautions. I'd be happy to accept that shops remain closed to anyone but pensioners until 11am for instance, but this idea that the entire country should shut down, and my rights and freedoms removed, is an issue. In the greater scheme of things, who's going to pay for this?