Which of the following statements are racist?

JimmyRott

Expert Member
1) Black people have darker skin than white people.
2) Black people generally run faster than white people.
3) White guys are generally better at playing quaterback (in the nfl) than black people.
4) Black people are generally better at Basketball than white people
5) White people are generally more inteligent than black people

Ninja'd

A Djinn
2. I've seen white women run like the f**king Flash at Woolworth's sales.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
The first one is true. The rest are more stereotypical than racist (imo)

saor

Honorary Master
None.
Though whether they're correct is a different story.

Without looking at the data I'd hazard to say that black people beat yo ass at basketball because of their genetics, while white people being more intelligent is very likely a product of more white people attending better places of education than black people (traditionally) have.

JimmyRott

Expert Member
The first one is true. The rest are more stereotypical than racist (imo)
It seems to me that all of them are true. But regardless of whether its true or not it seems to me that it is definitely not racist as long as I am not advocating discrimination based on the observations. I.e. "white people can't compete in the Olympics because they are slow" would be racist. But "black people are faster than white people" would not be.

saor

Honorary Master
Also, there's some data that Ashkenazi Jews have higher IQ's that most other races (regular white people too). It's not racist to point that out, but if Ashkenazi Jews keep on making a point of it - it's gonna get hella irritating. Just like people making any other point about racial differences over and over.

JimmyRott

Expert Member
None.
Though whether they're correct is a different story.

Without looking at the data I'd hazard to say that black people beat yo ass at basketball because of their genetics, while white people being more intelligent is very likely a product of more white people attending better places of education than black people (traditionally) have.
Fair enough. But regardless of truth you would agree that the statements are observations and not racist?

How about?

White people are slow.
Or black people are stupid.

Those statements are obviously incorrect. But are they racist?

saor

Honorary Master
How about?

White people are slow.
Or black people are stupid.

Those statements are obviously incorrect. But are they racist?
Depends on the context but yeah - the way those are phrased I'd say it's racist. They're far too general and without context to have any meaning beyond just being stupid insults said with some racist motivation.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
It seems to me that all of them are true. But regardless of whether its true or not it seems to me that it is definitely not racist as long as I am not advocating discrimination based on the observations. I.e. "white people can't compete in the Olympics because they are slow" would be racist. But "black people are faster than white people" would not be.
Black people are definitely faster. Any white person denying that would be an idiot.

You just have to look at the top 100 fastest 100m men to see the proof.

JimmyRott

Expert Member
Black people are definitely faster. Any white person denying that would be an idiot.

You just have to look at the top 100 fastest 100m men to see the proof.
Any black person denying it would also be an idiot?

Mars

Honorary Master
None or some or all, racism is subjective and can be contextual.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
1 is racist because its not generalized. Black Albinos are whiter than white people.