Which of the following statements are racist?

Mimen

You cannot claim white people are more intelligent than blaxl people of there are zero black people in your reference group. By that I mean black people you have befriended, black people you hang out with. Black people you invite to your house and have eaten meals with them. One or two black people you love and consider friends. You cannot live and immerse yourself in a world of whites only and then voice thay view.

I'm disgustingly white and one of myself best buddies is a black dude. He was raised and went to school in Zimbabwe, he is poor and I middle class. I went to study for 3 years and he never had the opportunity to do so. I have no doubt that he is way more intelligent than I am.
So on your experience, IQ is little to do with education. That is my understanding of the literature I have read too.

You cannot claim white people are more intelligent than blaxl people of there are zero black people in your reference group. By that I mean black people you have befriended, black people you hang out with. Black people you invite to your house and have eaten meals with them. One or two black people you love and consider friends. You cannot live and immerse yourself in a world of whites only and then voice thay view.
You can generalise re averages, and it has a certain (limited) validity, but that tells you nothing about the individual you are with right now. He/She may be brilliant or dumb, regardless of averages for their group.

Shaun108

Executive Member
Nothing racist in all 6 statements. Some easily triggered snowflakes might get offended by the truth though.

Nick333

Honorary Master
I can't remember by whom. My x boss, who finished his degree in psychology and is a registered pshycomotrist pointed it out to me. It was petty interesting but I cannot recall the name of the study or the details. I work in a very multiracial environment. Many of my black, Hindu, Tamil. Chinese etc colleague's are way more smart and educated them me an my white colleagues. I have simply never witnessed a specific race being way more intelligent than another race. I believe intelligence is based a large part of opportunity and somewhat on genetic. Not race but luck. If you ask me which study disapprove race based intelligence you must ask yourself which study proves it.
No one seriously doubts the figures that show differences in IQ between racial groupings. The debate is around what it means if anything. The naysayers tend to question the meaning of intelligence and race rather than the results - I'm willing to bet your ex-boss would have approached it in that way.

The anti-iq argument states that different cultures require different sorts of intelligence and the anti-race argument states that race is a social construct, and both sort of suggest that you're probably a white-supremacist even to consider that black people are generally less intelligent than other races in the first place. Both arguments smack of post modernism.

It's probably true that surviving in the Amazonian rain forests requires a certain type of intelligence that the modern world doesn't value, but the fact is that in the modern world only cultures that value the sort of intelligence required for maths, science and engineering count. As, for race not really being a thing, well sure, all distinctions are arbitrary ultimately, but we have to make distinctions to survive, so what that argument really says is that race is not a distinction the proponent of the argument cares to make (whether they don't actually make the distinction is another matter).

As to all the smart non-Whites you know: Education probably doesn't make you smarter, but it's a good system for grading people on intelligence. In other words that the educated people you know are also relatively smart people is hardly meaningful.