Which phone to buy?

Robvd

Hi Guys

Any suggestions on a good phone for about R5k - R6k max?

I don't mind big displays, actually prefer a big display.

Would love stock android but there doesn't seem to be any options except the Nokia 7plus which is quite old by now.

Thanks

IssiAmd

A50 as mentioned is very decently speced for the price.

These guys have the 7 plus for 2999 which I think is great value

Depends on what's important to you.
Screen quality?
Storage?
Battery?
Updates?

Robvd

I would buy the Samsung A50 for that price range, but no one ever listens to me so whatever.
This actually looks like a really good phone, will def go have a look at it thanks

Volksieboi

Expert Member
Only thing im kind of worried about is that the phone is plastic? Is the build quality good?
Its absolutely fine, no creaking and it feels solid in the hand. Buttons feel clicky and not cheap

Plastic is more durable than glass.

I've been using the included silicone cover and haven't had any issues.

Without the cover, its a fingerprint magnet, but what phone isnt these days

FlashSA

Executive Member
Gearbest.com // pay with PayPal linked credit card // choose expedited express which is DHL // Buy the Xiaomi Mi 9T. In your hands for under R6k including customs and in a week. Spend a bit more and get the Pro if you need the extra horsepower

Robvd

Gearbest.com // pay with PayPal linked credit card // choose expedited express which is DHL // Buy the Xiaomi Mi 9T. In your hands for under R6k including customs and in a week. Spend a bit more and get the Pro if you need the extra horsepower
Sounds like a great phone! Just one question, what happens if you have to return it or something goes wrong with the phone?

Robvd

I see I can get the 9T pro for R5461.09 on a sale. seems like a steal.. Just never bought from Gearbest so I am a bit nervous

FlashSA

Executive Member
I see I can get the 9T pro for R5461.09 on a sale. seems like a steal.. Just never bought from Gearbest so I am a bit nervous
I'm on my 5th Xiaomi from Gearbest. Never had a days trouble

StaticST

I woild love to get my hands on the Asus Rog2, needs to be imported but a massive tech phone for a good price

LukeKroon

I did this 2 months ago and it is an excellent device. The camera performance has been really good, some of my friends thought I had an iPhone. I got the Xiaomi Mi 9T.