Which political party are you planning to vote for?

Which political party are you planning to vote for?

• ANC

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • DA

Votes: 192 43.6%
  • EFF

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • IFP

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • FF+

Votes: 41 9.3%
  • UDM

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • COPE

Votes: 16 3.6%
  • ZACP

Votes: 74 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 28 6.4%
  • I am not going to vote

Votes: 57 13.0%

• Total voters

Solarion

Honorary Master
The party most capable of opposing the corrupt enemy has my vote. You know, balance and all that. More importantly is survival. If we do not stand together then all will be lost.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Out of interest's sake. Doesn't all the corruption and empty promises bother you? I'm very much of the opinion that anyone who votes for the ANC is pro-corruption.
I don't know about empty promises and all that, I have never been one to bother myself with promises made by politicians. The DA made a lot of promises in the metros and many have not been fulfilled, even in the WC I doubt they have fulfilled all their promises, I don't see you too worried about the fact that they have done so little in all the townships under their governance for example?

Corruption, yes I am very much bothered by corruption, that's why I did not vote for the ANC in the past 3 elections.

Solitude

Expert Member
I don't know about empty promises and all that, I have never been one to bother myself with promises made by politicians. The DA made a lot of promises in the metros and many have not been fulfilled, even in the WC I doubt they have fulfilled all their promises, I don't see you too worried about the fact that they have done so little in all the townships under their governance for example?

Corruption, yes I am very much bothered by corruption, that's why I did not vote for the ANC in the past 3 elections.
Thanks for answering. Fair enough, I wouldn't know about the DA promises and what they've done in townships. I've seen what Mashaba has accomplished in Joburg though and it's very impressive.

I saw that you are voting for the EFF too. And their manifesto is impossible to achieve and completely nonsensical. They are outright lying. May I ask why you would vote for a party like that? They appear to be very pro-black but very anti-South Africa.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Thanks for answering. Fair enough, I wouldn't know about the DA promises and what they've done in townships. I've seen what Mashaba has accomplished in Joburg though and it's very impressive.

I saw that you are voting for the EFF too. And their manifesto is impossible to achieve and completely nonsensical. They are outright lying. May I ask why you would vote for a party like that? They appear to be very pro-black but very anti-South Africa.
I like what they did with keeping an eye on the DA in Joburg and the other Metros. The problem is that all the places in the Metro that were being taken care of under the ANC are still being cared for, I have lived in Joburg for a very long time and the suburbs have always been good, the places that were neglected are still the same.

The EFF is the voice of the poor, they are the ones who championed the insourcing of security guards in Joburg, they are the ones who cuts Mashaba and the DA down to size when they wanted to increase rates at ridiculous amounts. They are the ones who always reminds the DA about Alexandra, Diepsloot, Hammanskraal and it's water crisis every time the DA wants to overstate it's success in the metros.

They are not going to win the province but I love how the keep an eye on the big boy, that is the ANC and the DA, I believe that they should be in the middle of everything that involves the DA and the ANC, here's to hoping that they make inroads in the Western Cape, the DA needs a rude awakening over there.

Solitude

Expert Member
I like what they did with keeping an eye on the DA in Joburg and the other Metros. The problem is that all the places in the Metro that were being taken care of under the ANC are still being cared for, I have lived in Joburg for a very long time and the suburbs have always been good, the places that were neglected are still the same.

The EFF is the voice of the poor, they are the ones who championed the insourcing of security guards in Joburg, they are the ones who cuts Mashaba and the DA down to size when they wanted to increase rates at ridiculous amounts. They are the ones who always reminds the DA about Alexandra, Diepsloot, Hammanskraal and it's water crisis every time the DA wants to overstate it's success in the metros.

They are not going to win the province but I love how the keep an eye on the big boy, that is the ANC and the DA, I believe that they should be in the middle of everything that involves the DA and the ANC, here's to hoping that they make inroads in the Western Cape, the DA needs a rude awakening over there.
Thanks for answering once again. It's always interesting to see why people do what they do.

Personally I believe the ANC is the reason for the downward spiral in South Africa. They've wasted over R300 billion since 2013. That's R 300,000,000,000. Can you imagine how that money could have helped the townships? The amount is staggering. And I can't see this improving under the ANC.

I cannot understand how people can support that to be honest. I remember reading a while ago that 112 municipalities do not have money to carry out a service delivery plan. All because of mismanagement. That's a lot of districts that won't get services because of the ANC.

But the people will keep on voting for them. It's sad really.

Under the ANC South Africa is in a downward spiral. And the people support it.

ambroseg1

Executive Member
Thanks for answering once again. It's always interesting to see why people do what they do.

Personally I believe the ANC is the reason for the downward spiral in South Africa. They've wasted over R300 billion since 2013. That's R 300,000,000,000. Can you imagine how that money could have helped the townships? The amount is staggering. And I can't see this improving under the ANC.

I cannot understand how people can support that to be honest. I remember reading a while ago that 112 municipalities do not have money to carry out a service delivery plan. All because of mismanagement. That's a lot of districts that won't get services because of the ANC.

But the people will keep on voting for them. It's sad really.

Stupid people like to suffer. Look at Venezuala. Look at Zimbabwe. Great portions of those countries populations support the crap government in place. And unfortunately stupid people are the vast majority in the world we live in.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
The EFF is the voice of the poor
You are aware that the EFF's promises to help the poor are not sustainable and many are in fact pipe dreams?

“That is not illegal connection. That is leadership. You are providing leadership where there is no leadership. An EFF government will never call you izinyokanyoka for connecting electricity. If we find you, we are going to fix it properly for you instead. If ordinary people can do it, it means government can perfect it,” he said.
https://www.iol.co.za/news/politics...-illegally-is-leadership-says-malema-22288102

Free electricity when Eskom is effectively bankrupt.

He also said the EFF would increase social grants, and that recipients would also get state-sponsored free electricity.
https://www.sowetanlive.co.za/news/...4-eff-sweetens--manifesto-with--free-goodies/

Where is this money coming from? SA's debt levels are sky-rocketing and the fiscus is under huge strain. And again, more free electricity when Eskom is on the brink.

He also mustn't forget to ensure that his mate Mazzotti pays his taxes as we'll need all the money we can get to fund his welfare state.

DreamKing

Executive Member
actually I blame the anc idiots who are continuously supporting anc regardless of what anc did to them.

they deserve to have no job, no money, living in hell conditions etc .......

that is exactly how democracy works for the people, why you are living in hell? why state capture? why corruption? because you asked for it..... idiots!!!

go to burn more tyres idiots, you don't deserve the democracy that will work for you.

thechamp

Honorary Master
You are aware that the EFF's promises to help the poor are not sustainable and many are in fact pipe dreams?

https://www.iol.co.za/news/politics...-illegally-is-leadership-says-malema-22288102

Free electricity when Eskom is effectively bankrupt.

https://www.sowetanlive.co.za/news/...4-eff-sweetens--manifesto-with--free-goodies/

Where is this money coming from? SA's debt levels are sky-rocketing and the fiscus is under huge strain. And again, more free electricity when Eskom is on the brink.

He also mustn't forget to ensure that his mate Mazzotti pays his taxes as we'll need all the money we can get to fund his welfare state.
I am fortunately able to tell the difference when politicians are on their usual populist electioneering rhetoric, one should not be easily swayed by such things, As I said previously politicians says a lot of things, I am not necessarily going to change my mind about a political party every time one of the leaders says something stupid. I see a lot of DA supporters on this forum swearing never to vote for the DA just because Maimane has said something they don't like, I think it is silly to be honest, there is a lot a stake here for such tantrums.

ForceFate

Honorary Master

BBSA

Honorary Master
Could it be because the dumb question was brought upon by a dumb statement? I agree with you. Glad you "self-corrected".:)
So you think quotas as a means for transformation is a dumb idea?

I actually agree with that.

BTW, your sarcasm detection ability suck.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
So you think quotas as a means for transformation is a dumb idea?

I actually agree with that.

BTW, your sarcasm detection ability suck.
You called it dumb. I was pointing out how the dumb may have trickled to the question. It originates somewhere.