Which registrar should I use for a local domain?

DomainCheap

DomainCheap Representative
Company Rep
I've put in a transfer request via domaincheap, confirmed the transfer through the old registrar, and its been a week since then. My domain transfer is still pending. Also support@domaincheap.co.za mail is not delivering.

What's up here?

That is odd. We dont usually have those problems. On our main page we have a "Support" link. Please use that for all your support needs. As per our knowledgebase that is the best way to communicate with us.

If you had emailed the support@domaincheap.co.za mailbox you should have got an autoreply asking for you to please use the official support system. I will investigate and see if this auto reply is still working.

Please open up a ticket through our support system here: https://www.domaincheap.co.za/submitticket.php It will be attended to very quickly. (We also put this link on just about every email we send out)

Last edited:

server-admins.net

Server-Admins representative
Company Rep
I've put in a transfer request via domaincheap, confirmed the transfer through the old registrar, and its been a week since then. My domain transfer is still pending. Also support@domaincheap.co.za mail is not delivering.

What's up here?
If the transfer is accepted by the loosing rar and ignored by the registrant then you transfer will only affect in 5 days. If the registrant accepts, the transfer proceeds immediately

s1ice

I've submitted a ticket, as well as sent you a PM, Mr. Domaincheap.
This is supremely disappointing, I'm missing emails being sent to my domain in the meanwhile.