Which small SUV is the best?

Colin62

Executive Member
What's the deal on the Mokka X?

Go to the website or dealership and see for yourself.

Appears to be an incredibly well packaged car at a very good price.

Given that Opel doesn’t really exist anymore, it would have to be for nothing to make it worthwhile. Buying it’s the easy part, keeping it maintained and running in the long term when there’s no local support and the brand is being payed out overseas will be much harder.

Maruti.learns2rock

Given that Opel doesn’t really exist anymore, it would have to be for nothing to make it worthwhile. Buying it’s the easy part, keeping it maintained and running in the long term when there’s no local support and the brand is being payed out overseas will be much harder.

I thought Opel is staying they have a deal with PSA.

Sumen

Expert Member
Williams Hunt group (owned by steinhoff) is taking over distribution and aftersales including parts for Opel in SA.

They also releasing the Grandland X next year in SA.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master

As said above Opel isn’t going anywhere.

It’s Chevrolet etc that is bailing completely.

Besides these particular cars are effectively Korean so can’t be too hard
to source stuff if that were a reality.

Having owned a brand before that completely shutdown and hardly existed in SA in the first place it’s hardly a disaster anyway, but sure I wouldn’t buy a new car knowing the brand and factory isn’t there any more.

Last edited:

upup

Executive Member
So what is the verdict in 2022
The best car will be the one that can be service and have spares available. When journalists test it car, they just tell you it have Bluetooth etc, but we want a long term test

TheChamp

Honorary Master
I think the wait times on the Corolla Cross is crazy at the moment. Second hand prices are 40k MORE than brand new.
Serves the Toyota worshippers right, maybe after being scammed they will start using their brains.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
It's not only Toyota though.

VW is another notable example.
You mean the dodgy dealers? I have seen it on a couple of cars, especially the sought after, like performance cars. No idea why anyone would want to pay more at a second hand dealer for an ordinary car like a Corolla Cross.

Leo_

You mean the dodgy dealers? I have seen it on a couple of cars, especially the sought after, like performance cars. No idea why anyone would want to pay more at a second hand dealer for an ordinary car like a Corolla Cross.
No, I mean legit dealerships.

R624k when the MSRP is R489k