Which type of car (brand) do you currently drive?

Which type of car do you currently drive?

• Volkswagen

Votes: 49 13.7%
  • Toyota

Votes: 26 7.3%
  • Ford

Votes: 47 13.2%
  • Hyundai

Votes: 22 6.2%
  • Kia

Votes: 19 5.3%
  • Renault

Votes: 17 4.8%
  • Nissan

Votes: 22 6.2%
  • BMW

Votes: 35 9.8%
  • Mercedes-Benz

Votes: 12 3.4%
  • Other (please tell us what it is)

Votes: 108 30.3%

• Total voters

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
Really?

I am looking at the H6C, and at that price it's extremely attractive.

What are your thoughts on it?
So far, 2yrs in (almost), 3 thing's that are bad;
1 - heavy on fuel, 12.8l per 100km average
2 - No GPS / Navigation
3 - No RDS on the radio

2 & 3 solved with an aftermarket android radio, Kirinavi, which is approved by Haval. But it costs R13K.

I did a decat on mine and custom exhaust, smile factor x 1000... the DCT box makes the gear change sound like a GTi. There is also a dastek unichip mod if you don't mind losing warranty, puts the power up to 180kw and improves fuel consumption. I don't have that... yet

Nicholas Lisse

So far, 2yrs in (almost), 3 thing's that are bad;
1 - heavy on fuel, 12.8l per 100km average
2 - No GPS / Navigation
3 - No RDS on the radio

2 & 3 solved with an aftermarket android radio, Kirinavi, which is approved by Haval. But it costs R13K.

I did a decat on mine and custom exhaust, smile factor x 1000... the DCT box makes the gear change sound like a GTi. There is also a dastek unichip mod if you don't mind losing warranty, puts the power up to 180kw and improves fuel consumption. I don't have that... yet
The fuel consumption is an issue, but a 2l BMW isn't much better, so that's okay.

The exhaust, you manage to keep your warranty?

medicnick83

Paramedic
VW Polo 2012 1.6 Sedan, got the car 4 years ago with 24,000km± and now sitting on 80,000km± and very happy with it.

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
No Mazda love in the house?

I have a 2017 CX-5 - drives like a champ.
Aaaah, I keep eyeing the red ones out on the road, they're really attractive IMO. What engine do you have, if you don't mind me asking, and do you feel it has enough power?

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Aaaah, I keep eyeing the red ones out on the road, they're really attractive IMO. What engine do you have, if you don't mind me asking, and do you feel it has enough power?
I have the 2.0 petrol (auto). SA is not getting the new 2.5L turbo petrol engines any time soon afaik so if you want something with a little more you have to get the diesel.

It has ample power for me, I'm not exactly a demanding driver so it really depends who you ask. I've driven a bunch on the long road and have no issues overtaking - engine gets a bit noisy when you push it which might annoy some.