Which VPN is the best?

LiengLiengZA

Expert Member
As per my title I'm thinking of getting a VPN because a certain person has signed a bill into practice.

I see there is Express and Nord but don't know which to choose when the time comes and this Electronic Crime Act is really catching speed.

Please help a brother out on which to choose...

MightyQuin

Not amused...
As per my title I'm thinking of getting a VPN because a certain person has signed a bill into practice.

I see there is Express and Nord but don't know which to choose when the time comes and this Electronic Crime Act is really catching speed.

I use Nord...easy...cheap and can be used over different devices so cellphone too.

Arthur

Honorary Master
I use Nord...easy...cheap and can be used over different devices so cellphone too.
So do I. Signed up for 3 years. It basically uses OpenVPN stacks and protocols, which is one of the few that hasn't been cracked. I use OpenVPN to get into my own network when away.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master

You have something to hide?

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
So do I. Signed up for 3 years. It basically uses OpenVPN stacks and protocols, which is one of the few that hasn't been cracked. I use OpenVPN to get into my own network when away.
Prefer IKEv2 or wireguard.

Arthur

Honorary Master
@backstreetboy
I run a pfSense box for firewall/routing. The latest build of pfSense installed just this week has an experimental WireGuard. Will be taking a look one of these days.

one poster

if you do the 24 month signup ($60 total) surfshark does not seem bad (unlimited devices, unlimited data, multiple protocols including wireguard).

no idea if surfshark can beat up Express in a fight so not sure if it counts as the best though.

mjzar

TorGuard with a coupon code

They offer WireGuard (and OpenVPN) and have a server in South Africa.
Add-ons are available should you want a dedicated IP/connection for streaming

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Is there a method of testing your VPN? I'm using the one they bundle with my smart dns service. Now sure how it rates but it seems to get the job done.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
What is your requirement? Different ones serve different needs. And sometimes you get to the same goal without a VPN.