Whisk(e)y Lovers thread(II)

Jitters

This is the best part of the catalogue
243c5f79fbff9314f5923b2cfa8fad68.jpg
I wonder if you are limited to 2 bottles or if you can buy like lets say 6 bottles and still get 20% off?

BartSimpson

Just bought tickets for the Friday night. Super excited to be going to another whisky show. Looks like this will be the replacement for whisky live.

Uuuuhhhm, NO - WL was decent until around 2010 - then became a bit of a joke and excuse for a piss up.

The Only Whisky Show (TOWS) is what WL was back in 2004/5 and for a year or two after that. A proper show, with great workshops and the ability to talk to brand ambassadors and try whiskies you most likley have not tried before.

I used to fly up to JHB for TOWS - am very glad Marc and the WB team have added dates for CT.

Jitters

Uuuuhhhm, NO - WL was decent until around 2010 - then became a bit of a joke and excuse for a piss up.

The Only Whisky Show (TOWS) is what WL was back in 2004/5 and for a year or two after that. A proper show, with great workshops and the ability to talk to brand ambassadors and try whiskies you most likley have not tried before.

I used to fly up to JHB for TOWS - am very glad Marc and the WB team have added dates for CT.
Fair enough. I only started drinking whisky about 2-3 years ago. My first real experience with whisky was at WL in 2018/9 not sure on the year, it was great but if your saying this is even better then I'm even more excited.

Thanks for the hype :D

Is it alright if it's still an excuse for a piss up?

BartSimpson

Fair enough. I only started drinking whisky about 2-3 years ago. My first real experience with whisky was at WL in 2018/9 not sure on the year, it was great but if your saying this is even better then I'm even more excited.

Thanks for the hype :D

Is it alright if it's still an excuse for a piss up?

No worries - for me it was sad that WL went from a show where I got to try things I had not tried before and talk to people who could tell me more about what I was trying.

TOWS is a show like that - so anyone can enjoy it, but I usually look at the list of what will be on show in advance and pick the 5 drams I want to try.

After 5 or 6, you are no longer tasting, but drinking :)

DramBuddy

No worries - for me it was sad that WL went from a show where I got to try things I had not tried before and talk to people who could tell me more about what I was trying.

TOWS is a show like that - so anyone can enjoy it, but I usually look at the list of what will be on show in advance and pick the 5 drams I want to try.

After 5 or 6, you are no longer tasting, but drinking :)
Probably an idea for those attending to post up their 5/6 drams that they're targeting. Could be educational and help others choose their top 5 drams.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
I cannot resist so will be the turd in the waterpipe:

You go the the Holy Land and come back with....this???

No man...:crying:

Haha, they were both bought and with my daughter already so I was just bringing them back. I didn't want to smuggle too much in in case I was stopped (as I often am) and I also had 2 x haggis in the case so had to be careful :p

Besides, I was only there a short time on family business and I never had much time for anything else. And of course the prices are way more expensive than here. But hey, that Loch Lomond is a dream for me, it'll never be opened, just admired.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Must admit the more I try Loch Lomond the more I realize that I do not like their Whisky much. Once my current bottles are finished I doubt that I will buy any more.

Apparently this one is good though according to @BartSimpson Might crack open my sample tonight.

ands45

Expert Member
Must admit the more I try Loch Lomond the more I realize that I do not like their Whisky much. Once my current bottles are finished I doubt that I will buy any more.

Apparently this one is good though according to @BartSimpson Might crack open my sample tonight.

I'm quite enjoying the Inchmurrin 12 I got from CFS but can't say I would rush out to buy it again, and definitely not for R750 odd it normally goes for. For R275 it's decent haha